chapter 12

2 Weeks Later-

Akaashi was beginning to garner a small hope that he would be staying in this world forever. He sure hoped so. The talk he and Bokuto had 2 weeks ago didn’t (thank god) worsen or weirden the weird friendship shared between the two volleyball players.

Along the way, Akaashi found that Bokuto wasn’t the only thing different about this world. When Akaashi had calmed down, and got back into his old and typical high school routine, he realised a lot. His mind was clearer and more sensitive to things around him. He had been so preoccupied with not losing Bokuto again that he had failed to notice other key points, and the only one in his vision was Bokuto. Now it was Bokuto, Kageyama and a...few others….(reminder: learn their names Akaashi) , and he began to realise that the two worlds were similar, but couldn’t have been anymore different too.

Number one, was that they were younger. Way, way younger. In the year Bokuto had passed, Akaashi had been 23. In this world, he was 17. Not much of a difference, but 6 years all the same.

Number two, was that the players in schools were very messed up. If he remembered right, Kageyama and Hinata were originally in Karasuno. Now Kageyama was in Fukurodani (no shit, Akaashi), and Hinata was in Shiratorizawa. Kenma wasn’t even playing volleyball anymore, same for Kuroo; which was a weird shock.

Relationships were different too. It was honestly very, very surprising that Kageyama wasn’t dating Hinata anymore, but instead Bokuto. But he guessed it wasn’t expected in this world, seeming that Kageyama and Hinata were no longer in the same school anymore. He sure wished Hinata was in the same school as them...then maybe…

waitwaitwaitwhatthefuckno, Akaashi quickly reminded himself. Him and Bokuto weren’t together anymore..and as painful as that was, it was unfair to Kageyama to be thinking such thoughts.

Number three, some things just...didn’t exist anymore. When Akaashi had found himself spiraling again, he had opened his phone to search some places. The hospital Bokuto had stayed at just...wasn’t there anymore. Akaashi didn't know what to feel about that, so he just...turned it off.

Anyway, today was once again, a normal day. He woke up, dragged himself to school (that was kinda unfair that he had to go through the same stage of education again, but whatever), received the worksheets the teacher handed in with a smile, and started doing them.