Chapter Two - Life Now.

18 years later

-Reign-

"Tony Stark. Visionary, genius, American Patriot. Even from an early age the son of legendary weapons developer Howard Stark quickly stole the spotlight with his brilliant and unique mind..." The montage played out and an award ceremony. I sat with my Uncle Obie.

"At age four he built his first circuit board. At aged six his first engine. And at Age 17 he graduated summa cum laude from MIT. Becoming a father himself to his daughter Reign. Then, the passing of a titan. Howard Star's life long friend and alley Obadiah Stane, steps in to help fill the gap left by the legendary founder, until the prodigal son returns and is anointed the new CEO of Stark industries." We started clapping

"With the key's to the kingdom, Tony ushers in a new era for his fathers legacy and his daughters future, creating smarter weapons and advanced robotics, satellite targeting. Today, Tony Stark has changed the face of the weapons industry by ensuring freedom and protecting America and her interests around the globe." The video ended and the spotlight shone on Uncle Rhodey." I glanced around for any sigh of my father, he said he'd be right back but yet nothing.

"As liaison to Stark Industries. I've had the unique privilege of serving with a real patriot." I pinched the bridge of my nose, trying not to laugh the word patriot and talking about my Dad is something that was insane. Don't get me wrong he did good but patriot is a strong word.

"He is my friend and he is my great mentor. Ladies and Gentleman, it is my honour to present this years Apogee Award to Mr Tony Stark." Every started clapping as a second spotlight shone over to our table. I shook my head at my uncle.

"I'll go." I told Obie then stood up and made my way over stop the stage I kissed Rhodey's cheek accepting the award

"Thank you Uncle." I smiled

"Thanks for the save." he replied stepping back. I held up the award

"Look at this, this is amazing. Thank you. Thank you all so much." the clapping died down slightly.

"Well I'm not Tony Stark." there was a chuckle "But if I were my Dad. I would tell you how honoured I feel and what a joy it is to receive this very prestigious award. You know the best thing about my Dad is also the worst thing. He's always working, but it's because of that work and his love for not only me but for our home that we're here tonight, so thank you." They clapped again and We headed off stage.

"Uncle Rhodey, would you be the best person ever and find my idiot father. While you're at it, hit him over the head with this. Tell him I'm going home" I smiled sweetly handing him back the award.

"Of course Sweetie." i gave him a hug before I rejoined Obie.

"Uncle Obie, I'm going home." He stood up and embraced me kissing my head.

"Goodnight, sweetheart." I took the helicopter back to Malibu I arrived home

"Hello J.A.R.V.I.S." I breathed walking through the front door

"Good Evening, Miss Stark. I trust you had a pleasant trip."

"To begin with." I took off my heels and let down my hair. "Any messages?"

"You have one from Miss Angelina Deveraux. She asks if you would like to go to the beach tomorrow." our trusty AI informed me as I aimed to change for the night.

"I will, inform her i'll be with her around 10." I answer

"As you wish Miss Stark. What would you like for breakfast in the morning?"

"Can I have my usual from my favourite place. And charge it to my father's credit card. He owes me after tonight."

"Very Well Miss Stark." I changed into my pyjamas and removed my makeup then climbed into bed.