Chapter 8

Freya's Pov

Two weeks ago.

"I found her," I announce to Klaus and Hayley. After four months of performing various locator spells, linking spells, and channeling spells, I finally managed to pinpoint Hope's exact location.

"Where?" Hayley says immediately. She rushes towards me from the dining room table. Klaus follows closely behind her.

"England. It's a small house in a rural area. I had one of Klaus's vampires do a quick scope for me," I say. "Apparently, the house has been owned by a family called the Weasleys for quite some time now."

"Is Hope safe? Has this family caused her any harm?" Klaus asks, before my sentence even ends.

"I performed a spell to locate Hope. I didn't break into her mind and get a glimpse of all her memories," I say in an annoyed tone. "But, according to our vampire sources..." I shrug. "They say that Hope seems happy."

"We're going to go see that for ourselves," Klaus says. Hayley nods vigorously, and the two of them begin to head towards the gates of the compound.

"What? You guys," I say, as I run to catch up with them, "You can't just barge into her life like that! As hard as it may be for you two to admit... She won't see you as her parents. In fact, she may even see you as something worse than just 'strangers'. We don't know what she's been told. For all we know, she might think you to be people who abandoned her as a child."

"Abandoned her?" Klaus seethes.

"My point is," I cut over my brother's words, "We need to be careful. You don't want to make a bad first impression on your daughter."

"Well, what else do you have in mind?" Hayley huffs.

"I've heard of the witch schools in Europe. They teach a different branch of magic there," I say.

"Different? As in non-ancestral magic?" Hayley asks.

I shake my head. "No, something even more different than that. It's a totally unique technique of sorcery, one that was invented by a completely divergent group of magic wielders."

"Whatever the case," I hastily continue, "The Weasleys... All of their children, including Hope, attend one of those schools. The word is that the headmaster is desperately looking for a professor to fill in the spot of one of the main subjects they teach there. So I was thinking that maybe I could go and get hired. I could observe Hope, figure out what she's like, and then tell you guys, so that you would be able to ease your way into her life."

"Wouldn't that just be a violation of her privacy?" Hayley wonders out loud.

"It's better than showing up to her house unannounced," I retort.

"Fine," Klaus says. "We won't talk to her, until you've gotten to know her better. But I still want to see her."

Knowing that I won't be able to change his mind on this matter, I follow Klaus and Hayley to the Louisiana Airport. We board Klaus's private jet, which I didn't even know he had- but I guess when you're a one thousand year old hybrid who has the power of compulsion by your side, anything is possible.

We arrive in England by daybreak. The driver that waits for us takes us through a hilly area, where nothing but grass and trees are visible for miles. After roughly four hours of being stuck in the car, we finally come to a stop about a mile away from a rickety old house.

"Invisique," I murmur an invisibility spell. The enchantment settles upon our three bodies. Hand in hand, Klaus, Hayley and I walk up to the house.