3

"You'll see.."

"Woah, Asher stop, stop!"

"NEVER!"

---

As Morgan promised, me and them did have lots of fun. Since it was their first day, someone needed to show them around, and they persisted that I should do it and of course I obliged. We spent most of the time just talking about space-
"Nerds." It grumbled.
-and Morgan kept going back to how Pluto was a planet, how it was valid, and just because it was different didn't make it invalid. They gave the excuse that just because they were different, it didn't make them an invalid human. I found it a very strong argument and I couldn't disagree.

"Cause you're too dumb and afriad to speak your opinion." It shot back. This was gonna be a long few weeks of it judging Morgan.

Eventually we reached the end of the tour, and by that time it was first break, so we went back to the physics department, the place where we met.
"So you like the looks of this place?" I asked Morgan, sitting on a random stool.
"Not sure. I wasn't paying much attention." They giggled. "I was having too much fun talking to you." I smiled. I was so glad to be in the presence of Morgan. They were such a delight.
"Well, I feel honoured, but you still need to know your way around the school!" I laughed.
"I do." They said proudly. They moved closer to me, to whisper, "I've actually already had the tour, I just wanted to spend time with you instead of losing my mind in double whatever." They shrugged.
We stared at each other for a bit, I processed the information.

Then we simultaneously burst out laughing, it echoing in the room full of stars. We stayed like that for a bit.
"I can't- I.. I can't breathe.. heh.. whooo.." I tried to catch my breath, noticing how Morgan's curly mop hair bounced as they laughed, and they quickly got distracted by this too, swishing their hair in front of their eyes.

I stared at them for a bit, then had to ask, "Morgan, what are you doing?" Kind of laughing, my rib cage still hurting. They snapped out of it.
"Hm? What?" They asked, smiling a little. I smiled back.
"Nothing. Hey, what do you have next?" I asked, hoping to be sharing a few lessons with them. They got out their schedule and scanned it.
"Uhh.. what does English "R" mean?" They pointed to it. I thought for a moment.
"Looks like you have reading." I said, a little sad since I had Music 2 next.
"Wait, really? They provide reading??" Morgan got very excited very quickly.
"Um yeah." I nodded. Morgan squealed.
"I GET TO READ?! MORE IMPORTANTLY, MY NEW BOOK ABOUT BLACK HOLES AND NEW SPACE?!!!" They shouted at an inhumane tone and pitch.
"Yeah, sure." I couldn't help but laugh.

"What a weirdo. No wonder you found them, attracting other weirdos. You're such a failure." It cackled. I looked down, about to reply to it, when the bell rang to say to go to next lessons.
"Well I gotta get to reading then, buddy?" Morgan hugged me for a final time. "See yer Asher!!" Then they ran off without a second glance. I smiled a little, even though I felt a bit like crying. I got up from my seat, hoping Morgan wouldn't pick up on any of the rumors throughout their lessons.

"Of course they will, they'll finally find out who you truly are, and you'll be back to being alone." It laughed.
But what am I?
"You're a worthless, ugly, good-for-nothing imbecile. You know even Amy, the little brat, is scared of you."
No, she can't be, we made waffles..
"Clearly just something to cope with you being a freak."
So when she said 'be good'..?
"Just something to say so you wouldn't scare anyone else, wouldn't make a mess, wouldn't embarrass yourself."
You're right.. I'm just a freak...

---

The next few lessons went agonisingly slowly as the voice kept scolding me on how I was a failure, a freak, not worthy. And everything seemed to go slower now that Morgan wasn't here anyway. I missed them, and it had only been a couple of hours.
I tried to think about what I'd cook for me and Amy tonight. Curry? Pasta bake? I'd have to see what we had in. I went through more options, ignoring my teacher's instructions to draw leaves and drew my memory of Morgan's face, as I said I'd draw it.