Chapter 2

I woke up to the sound of talking. I fluttered my eyes open and saw a group of people start beating up a defenceless child. I jumped at one of them from above the rock and attacked the rest of them.

"Are you okay?" I asked the kid. She hugged onto my leg, soon a large group of people on black horses started riding towards us. I pushed the little girl being me as the riders stopped. A group of men wearing armour pointed sharp spears at me.

"Halt men!" A female voice commanded. The woman was wearing loose, dark red clothing with a black cape. Her dark red hair was in a braid and she had grey eyes. Her ears where slightly pointed and she had a sword attached to her belt. She put her hands on her hips as she studied me.

"It seems you have rescued Princess Ashera. Tell me, what is your name?"

"My name is...." I almost said Jordan but I changed my mind.

"My name is Alena."

"My name is Lasria. King Pyrros of Slairia's head assassin." She said briefly.

"And you said this girl is a princess?"

"Yes the kings daughter. She was kidnapped yesterday morning." She snapped her fingers and one of the guards picked up the princess.

"So Alena, why aren't you in Vanem with the rest of the humans?" I bit my lip before explaining.
"My uncle Jespar, was kidnapped. I came out here to look for him."

"A very innocent deed and these men. You defeated them? Without a weapon?" I nodded.

"I don't need a weapon of stone to defeat petty scoundrels like these. I use magic, I'm a Mage." I said quickly showing her the blue aura that is my magic.

"Interesting. Would you be interested in coming to Slairia? I'm sure King Pyrros and Queen Vesta would be interested in knowing the one that saved their daughter." I shrugged.

"I have no home to go to, so yes. I would like to come with you." She snapped her fingers and another knight was brought forth.

"You shall take Alena with you. Men, we return to Slairia!" She commanded. I followed the knight and road with him all the way back go Slairia. Apparently Slairia is code for, volcanic mountains.

"So, you guys have pointed ears. Does that mean you aren't humans?" I asked Lasria.

"We are fire nymphs. Stronger then humans and weaker then elves. On the scale it goes dwarfs, humans, nymphs and then elves."

"That explains the volcano." I muttered under my breath. Me, Lasria and the princess walked inside the castle. We bowed before the King and Queen until they told us to stand.

"Lasria, I see you have brought my daughter home." The princess ran up to the king and sat beside him.

"Yes your highness. The true hero, the one whom had saved Princess Ashera is this human."

"Human?" The Queen asked.

"Yes your highness." I said taking a step forward.

"I see. Your name?" The king asked.

"My name is Alena, niece of Jespar and Mage." I bowed politely.

"Well. We have never had a human in these parts. Perhaps you are the prophecy?" I shook my head.

"Sir I am not the hero of which you speak."

"Oh thank goodness. We had another man come here and shout profanities at us because he claimed to be the hero and we did not give him one of our warriors."