~-< 2: A Brain Tumor >-~

My name is Alana Hart I'm 18, I was born September 18, 2003

My name is Alana Hart I'm 18, I was born September 18, 2003. Today was just a normal Saturday. I woke up and went downstairs for breakfast, I lived with my mom. My dad and mom divorced after my older brother died. He died 1 year ago. He was 2 years older than me and my best friend I was devastated when he died. It only got worse after he died, whenever I got upset or stressed I would get the worst migraines.
Today this wonderful Saturday, was also the 1 year anniversary of my brother's death. I woke up depressed as I trudged down the stairs to breakfast. My mom was dancing in the kitchen while she cooked breakfast. I rolled my eyes, how could she be dancing on a day like this.
"Mom do you know what day it is." I asked in a sad tone.
"Saturday, June 8th." She said with a smile. "Why are you so gloomy, today is going to be a great day!"
I rolled my eyes at her obliviousness and cheerfulness. She has forgotten I knew it. Nothing great ever happens on the death anniversary of someone you loved.
"How can you be so oblivious?" I asked angrily.
"Watch your tone young lady!" She said all her giddiness gone. "You woke up on the wrong side of the bed?"
"No mom! I didn't wake up on the wrong side of the bed! You are so oblivious, do you not remember that your son died a year ago from today!" I said almost screaming. "Or did you know and not care at all?!"
"Don't talk to me like that!" She said absolutely livid. "No I did not remember because I was trying to forget about him!"
"How can you try to forget him!" I yelled running upstairs to my room. Once I closed the door behind me an excruciating pain erupted in my head. I yelled for my mom. She rushed into the room, I was on the floor holding my head in my hands and tossing and turning. She called 911 and they came as fast as they could rushing me to the hospital.
When I got there I was given pain medicine and rolled into a X-ray machine. After they ran a couple of X-rays I was sitting in an office with my mom. My head was in my hand as the doctor came in and sat in front of us.
"I have good and bad new." The female doctor said. "The good news is we did figure out what was wrong. The bad news is you have a brain tumor."
"What does that mean, and what's going to happen?" I asked confused on what a brain tumor was.
"Well your brain tumor is unique, it only is painful when you are upset, sad, or stressed. But it will just keep growing if we don't treat it. The treatment for a brain tumor is pretty brutal, you will have to live in the hospital for a couple of weeks. You are going to have to take 16 different types of medication each day, and every week will preform a new biopsy on your brain to make sure it is not growing. You will have to control your emotions so that way the tumor won't emit pain." The doctor finished, I sighed that was a lot to take in.
"Ok." Is all I could say.
"When does she come to live here?" My mom asked.
"Well the sooner the better, today would be ideal so if it's ok, go home back a bag and come back here so we can start your treatment." The doctor said. I nodded and stood up ready for this long horrible day to end.