𝐏𝐨𝐬𝐭-𝐭𝐰𝐢𝐥𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭

♥︎

♥︎

     The beautiful meadow was much more clearer and perfect for photography, the flower near them bloomed perfectly and earlier than expected. Its colors radiated the atmosphere, giving out a sense of warmth and comfort to whoever shall visit. The soft grass was enough for any human to lay down on and sleep like a newborn baby.

Normally in Forks, it would be cloudy and the weather would be horrifying. You would receive thunderstorms other than a bright and sunny day. It was rare to have and today is that rare day.

"Lia, you'll drop him. He'll hit his head." Rosalie exclaims from afar, sitting upright to look over her wife from a distance. It was a normal wednesday morning when they decided to take a walk.

     Aurelia chuckles, kneeling to her son's height whose eyes were a perfect shade of gray. "Your Mom says you'll fall. Still up to it?" Aurelia signs with the words falling out of her mouth in a mumble by habit. Learning ASL was not that difficult especially when you have an adoptive son with an impaired hearing.

     "Yes! It's more fun!" He signs back with his little hands, a grin on his face.

     "All right, let's go!"

     Three years ago, Aurelia and Rosalie came back from their vacation and long term travel. That simple year of them alone and in New Zealand was pure bliss and mahogany. It was as if they recently got married and went on a very long honeymoon trip from across the world. They would check in on their family from time to time and sometimes would forget because of how much fun they had everyday.

     Like Alice predicted, Aurelia would call two weeks before they fly back home and had Alice adjust the necessary paperworks for Aurelia and Rosalie to foster a child. A boy, to be specific. When they came home, the Cullens surprised Rosalie but she didn't exactly know what to celebrate. But when she was handed a piece of paper, she couldn't believe it.

     At first, it was so fearsome. Handling and raising a baby seemed like a tough work. What if their son would become a serial killer? What if Rosalie forgets to pick him up from daycare and now he'll hate her for the rest of his life? What if Aurelia was out hunting and their son is hungry — who cooks then?!

    But Aurelia being herself, she talked to Rosalie in private and told her they don't have to do this right away. It was just a formality that they would indeed be an applicable candidate to foster a little newborn boy some day. Rosalie would have the power to decided when they'd cradle a newborn baby.

     It was a whole new step for both of them. But on the first day that a social worker came to visit with a beautiful baby boy, Rosalie fell in love. Swooned. Felt like a total mother the first time she held him.

     But the Social worker explained that there was a complication to the biological mother's birth and the boy had to be deaf and only have hearing for about twenty-five percent coverage in both ears. The Cullens didn't care about his disability and all of them studied ASL. Some struggled but it was so worth the trouble.