Part 9

"Y/n!" Bucky called jogging after you.

You turned toward the prince as he came toward you.

"I, uh, wanted to know if you wanted to go for a ride with Me, Amy, and Steve." Bucky said nervously rubbing the back of his neck.

"Thanks, but I'm sure Dot would love to join you. Sam and I—"

"Sam? What are you doing with Sam?" Bucky said with a displeased look.

"He wanted to take me for a ride in his carriage around town before dinner. I don't see why you would care; you have Dot."

"Well, yeah, but—"

"Y/n! There you are! You coming?" Sam asked from one of the doors.

"Yup! One sec!" You called before looking at Bucky. "Have fun. Tell Amy to be careful."

Bucky shoved his hands in his pockets. "I, um, I will. See you at dinner tonight I guess."

"See ya." You said before jogging to catch up with Sam.

~~~~~

"Where's Y/n?" Steve asked saddling a horse as Bucky walked up.

"She's with Sam." Bucky grumbled.

"Is that jealousy I hear?" Steve joked as Bucky shot him a glare.

"No, just mad she chose him over me."

"That's jealousy." Steve confirmed. "Do tell me again why you chose Dot over Y/n."

Bucky huffed as he tightened his saddle. "Not now Steve. And Dot's not that bad."

Steve looked at his friend with disappointment. "Right, I must have missed all the times she was pleasant. She's trouble, Buck. And her painting skills aren't exactly praiseworthy."

"Well, not everyone can be a professional like you, Steve. Wait? You saw that?"

Steve nodded with a grimace. "I would try to be nice, but it was horrible. Sorry, pal. I think you might need to rethink your life choices."

"Let's just get on with our horse ride. You ready Amy?" Bucky asked turning to the little girl that just rounded the corner.

"Yup!" She said with a huge smile.

~~~~~

"So, what's the deal with you and Bucky?" Sam asked as you slowly rode through town.

"N-nothing. What makes you say we have something?" You said nervously.

Sam deadpanned and sighed. "That man is head over heels for you. My question is why he is with that Dot woman."

"Bucky is not head over heels for me. And he's with Dot because I matched them together."

"Why don't you just tell him how you feel? That would save you a whole lot of trouble. And don't you dare start telling me that you're not good enough, because you are. You are Y/n the Beautiful."

"Well, thank you, Sam." You said as he smiled. "I'm glad someone thinks I'm beautiful."