misunderstanding (angst)

"listen to me ed! i had nothing to do with him!" my hair tickled my cheeks as strands flowed in the wind.

the village we had stumbled upon was vast and empty. we had investigated the area, until caspian stumbled upon a large structure. "listen here y/n, i don't need an explanation, i saw what i saw. stay out here." caspian and lucy finally managed to open the gate to the temple that stood before us. "yes! stay with me, that way you can protect—i mean — I can protect you!" eustace exclaimed from behind me. wuss.

edmund rolled his eyes. not sure who at though.

"you know i love only you edmund. i have no feelings towards caspian."

"then why did i find you and him on top of eachother in the barracks? do you want to explain that y/n? or do you want to come up with another stupid lie?" his face turned a slight red color. he was definitely angry.

me and caspian were discussing docking plans with the ships, when a wave crashed into the side of the boat leaving me in caspian's arms. conveniently, ed opened the door, scroll in hand, and witnessed the oh-so "intimate" moment.

"ok fine, be angry. don't believe me. i'll take patrol duties with mr. eyebrows here, while you go whine and complain elsewhere." i shouted, looking straight into edmund's deep brown eyes. i could see the slightest bit of betrayal in them. no. i do not feel bad for him, it's his loss that he is being completely immature and dramatic.

"i think it's time we go in, edmund." caspian said in a low tone.

edmund still held eye contact with me.

i stopped closer to him. "i'm a big help to you 3, and you know that. don't be stupid, ed." my eyebrows furrowed in anger.

he scoffed and turned around, heading towards the doors

stupid.