2. In this Together

Katie's POV

Chris and I went on a four day cruise for our honeymoon. We drove down to Miami, Florida to get on the boat. It was a completely perfect trip. The views were awesome, the meals were fantastic, but the company was the best. Chris made sure to make me feel extra special the whole trip. He brought me on dates to shows, fancy dinners, and even made sure I got to pet a dolphin. We had so much fun but by the end, we were ready to go home. We're going to start moving everything into Chris's house when we got home so we're just ready to get home and get that done.

Chris looks over from the drivers seat on the way home and smiles. "What" I ask softly.

He puts his eyes back on the road, not answering. He looks back over, still smiling, still not saying anything.

"What weirdo?" He puts his hand on my left thigh and rubs his thumb across it gently.

"I can't believe I get to spend the rest of my life with you." My heart warms so fast and I think my cheeks do to.

"Yup, you're stuck with me forever." I grab his hand off of my thigh and hold it in mine. He takes it towards him and kisses it before laying it back down.

The rest of the drive back to North Carolina, we just talk until I fall asleep.

When we get home, the moving trucks are already there with a load of stuff from my house. A lot of the big furniture, appliances, and decorations that we won't need is being put directly into storage until we can sell it or find a use for it. All we're bringing is our clothes, Carter's bedroom decorations, his video games, and most important, my coffee pot. Chris has a coffee pot but it's not a fancy one like mine. He says coffee's not healthy but I don't know how he expects me to function without it.

"Daddy!" Gracie comes running out of the door as soon as we pull into the driveway. We get out and she jumps into his arms.

"Gracie, I missed you so much. Did you behave for grandma?"

She puts her head down for a second and wiggles out of his arms. "Mostly."

"Want to tell me what happened?" She looks up at him sadly and shakes her head softly.

"I already took care of it" Chris's mom says coming out of the front door.

"Gracie" he says looking at her, still expecting an answer.

"Christopher, I already took care of it" she says sounding more stern.

"Okay." He starts walking inside, carrying some bags.

I grab a bag from the trunk and walk to Gracie, placing my hand on her back and guiding her inside. "Did you have fun while we were gone?"

"Yeah, Grandma took us to the zoo and the pool! But then, she made us go to a museum and we were all so bored" she says putting her hand on her head dramatically.

"Oh my goodness, how horrible" I respond matching her dramatics as we walk through the door.

"Hey Mom" Carter says coming from the kitchen.

"Hey buddy, I missed you so much." I wrap my arms around him and he hugs me back.

"I missed you too."

I move to Jacob beside him and wrap my arms around him as well. He doesn't return my hug but instead stands there awkwardly with his arms at his side.

"Did you boys have fun while we were gone?"

"Yup" Carter says. Jacob doesn't respond.

"What about you, Jacob?"