Chapter 05: Old Friends

Nightwing's POV

"RICHARD!" my mentors yelled over the video chat.

"What's up guys." I said cheerfully and put my feet on the desk.

"What the meaning of this?" Ra's Al Ghoul said, I thought for a second.

"Well, I sent you a text that said ' Taking a little off :) #teambonding.' So, I was going to bug my old team a bit and have fun so..." I trailed off and I could tell DeathStroke had the hint of a smile, I was his favorite trainee.

"Well, you can't just take a few weeks off." Owlman made a valid point.

"Haven't you ever just wanted to mess around with your former team, they kicked me off? Bruce abandoned me and quit searching for me after a few days." I said kind of getting angry but DeathStroke taught me well to control it.

"Fine, but only 3 weeks. We're going to need you." DeathStroke said and I nodded.

"Thanks." I said and waved, they all face palmed.

"You're so crazy kid." DeathStroke said and I smiled.

"You know you love me." I said and logged off video chat, I looked around my little base. Time to taunt the team, I stood up and looked at my artillery. I had bows, knives, guns, and countless other weapons.

"Let's go with the bow." I told myself and grabbed the quiver and the black compound bow. I stashed a few other knives around and you know. I walked towards my bike and flipped my legs over it. I turned on the key and the engine roared to life, I plastered on my domino mask and flipped up my hood. I put my hands on the handle bars and started to drive towards Happy Harbor, I was getting bored.

"Bike, Pandora radio, Music!" I yelled from the loft space I had in my little hide out and Pandora turned on. I was jamming to Earned It by The Weeknd.

'Cause girl your perfect
Girl your perfect
Your always worth it.'

My little radio time was cut off my car rack. I pulled the brakes and put my feet on the ground.

"Nightwing." a familiar voice yelled behind me, I knew that voice.

"Barbara Gordon." I laughed and turned around to see Batgirl still at her prime fighting street crimes. I jumped off my motorcycle, I walked towards her. I grabbed my bow and shot at her Bat-a-rang she was throwing at me.

"Stop." another voice, the hospital patient.

"You're out, did they fix your tendon?" I questioned and saw Tigress at her prime with a completely healed arm. They we're being tactical, challenges.

"Actually they did." she said and laser vision came out of nowhere and I flipped to the side. Clark Kent. I kept flipping and a laser came in front of me and I used my hands and cartwheeled to the left. A bat-a-rang came to my feet and I deflected it with my wrist protectors.

"So you got the JLA on this, aye?" I asked and they appeared. The Flash, Batman, Superman, Black Canary, Green Lantern, Aquaman, Martian Manhunter, Wonder Woman... well you get the point. Batgirl, Tigress, Kid Flash 2, Superboy, Miss. Martian, and Aqualad.

"Yes we did." Conner said and walked forward. Always being so literal.
"You are outmatched; surrender while you still have a chance." Aqualad said and I shook my head.

"Now why would I do that?" I said and clicked my heat laced protection.

"Joh'nn I wouldn't do that." I laughed and I heard him gasp and collapse to the floor.

"What? I warned him." I taunted and they scowled.

"He doesn't take things seriously" Flash whispers to Batman
" Well then let's play" he responded, there was a way to get out of this. Fight back or disappear.

"Where Pine Tree?" I yelled and they were confused.

"I am not a pine tree." Green Arrow yelled back.

"Yes, you are." I said back and Green Arrow stepped forward.

"You are still outmatched." Aqualad said and I started laughing. Harder and harder until it became a darker laugh.

"Am I?" I questioned and they nodded.

"Yea." Tigress said and I yawned.

"Well I'm tired." I replied and they were getting irritated.

"What happened to you?" Batman said and walked forward.

"Nothing." I replied and he stood where he stood.

"Did someone die in your family or are they dead?" he said and I stepped back. Stop it.

"Someone did, did people bully you and kicked you off somewhere where you built yourself into more?" he kept talking. My head had a striking pain, it was completely unbearable. It was like something was trying to break free.

"Stay away from me!" I yelled and gripped my head. I clenched my eyes shut.

"What happened to you?" a small voice said and I stopped. Looking at nothing the small voice grew.

"What happened you, Nightwing?" the smaller voice grew and got louder
" Help Me" the smaller voice screamed and grabbed my stomach and dropped to my knees. I kept coughing, I was dizzy.

"S.Stay A.Away." I stammered and saw the Justice League really confused.

"Help." I muttered before falling to my side and looking at the side walked and blackness consuming my vision completely. But the small voice spoke once again.

"What happened to me?"