Titan Invasion

Armin and Jean worked together to stack corpses onto one of the many wagons for the dead. Jean groaned, "This is the one thing I'll never get used to..."

"I doubt anyone ever could."

Jean muttered, "How my comrades are gonna die... How I'm gonna die... That's all I start to think about..."

Armin said, "I try not to think about it at all. Because if I started picturing my own death, I'd probably lose the ability to fight..."

"Yeah. You're exactly right." The two of them continued stacking the corpses until Jean asked, "Hey, Armin. You ever see Y/N come back?"

Armin turned away and shook his head, "Not yet..." Armin tucked away the thought that one of the corpses could be Y/N and continued doing his job.

Meanwhile, Ymir and Krista were soothing and feeding some horses. Krista happened to glance at one of the wagons and gasped, "Ymir! That's Y/N!" Ymir followed where Krista was pointing and saw an unconscious Y/N being bandaged up by another Scout. He looked pretty hurt and it sounded like he was having trouble breathing.

Ymir groaned, "I told that moron not to try being a hero... See what happens when you don't listen to me, idiot?!"

"Ymir, he can't even hear you!" 

Soon after that, the order to leave was passed around. Krista saw Armin and Jean, who both looked very worried, and she waved them over. Jean asked, "What is it Krista?"

She pointed at Y/N, "I don't know if you've seen already but—"

Armin happily leaned over the wagon and exclaimed, "Y/N!"

Jean gasped, "What happened to him?"

"We don't know," Krista shrugged. "We just noticed him too, but it looks like he'll be okay." Ymir gestured for Krista to get back in formation, so she waved goodbye to the two boys as they went back to their spots. 

~~~~~~~~~~

Carnage and destruction filled the streets of Stohess. A priest stared out of his crushed church in despair. Children covered in the blood of their parents roamed the streets, longing to find help. The Military Police were scrambling to do something about it. And all the while, the two Titans kept fighting. The Attack Titan charged at the Female as she was planning to climb up Wall Sina. On the way they stepped on civilians, smashed buildings, and wreaked havoc everywhere while the Scouts attempted to follow from behind. Finally, Eren cornered Annie by the wall and she turned around to fight. 

They both got in their fighting stances and Annie kicked, expecting to easily win, but Eren caught her leg mid-air. He threw her away from the wall, refusing to let her escape. Eren recklessly attacked again, giving Annie the chance to make dodge and make another run for it as the Scouts helplessly watched.

Eventually, the two Titans were forced into another brawl. This time, the Female prepared hardening on her leg before the kick. She spun and did a low-kick, chopping off the Eren's right leg, but he shifted his balance and continued going in for the punch. He successfully knocked her back, but he fell down too. Eren lunged forward and she kicked again. He was smashed into a nearby house, but when Annie tried to pull back, he clenched down on her leg. She hardened her fist and desperately beat the Attack Titan's face in until she finally got loose.

The Female Titan sprinted away, once more, but also once more, the Attack Titan got up. Eren roared, and jumped at Annie like an animal. His Titan's body was so hot from regeneration that parts of it were on fire. He tackled her just before she made it to the base of the wall. Finally, with the Female against the wall, the Scouts fully surrounded the two Titans. They wrestled on the ground as Eren tried to get to her nape. He even ended up squeezing her head so hard that one of her eyes almost popped out.