2.1

"Where's Aphrodite?" The pairer demanded. "She better come today otherwise I am going to lose it," The goddess hissed. Eros flinched a bit, putting as much difference between him and the pissed goddess.

"Is she coming today or not?" The goddess demanded.

"Yes, she is. She will be here anytime now,"

"She better had,"

"S-she will, she will," Eros did his best to assure the pissed goddess but the flames that were raging in her eyes were just something that made him more and more anxious.

"Why isn't she here yet?" Inanna demanded after five minutes.

"S-she had gone to meet others. I-I am telling you, she'll be here anytime—" Eros was interrupted when a puff of smoke started to appear out of nowhere. Inanna was relieved to see it for a bit but that didn't last long because now her rage came back in full swing.

"Aphrodite!" Inanna gritted as the goddess finally appeared out of the smoke. Meanwhile, Eros swallowed hard and tried to maintain a good amount of distance between him and the pissed goddess. It wasn't a good idea goofing around with her when she was pissed. Eros knew this well enough.

"Ah!" Aphrodite smiled widely at the pissed goddess, "Pleased to see you too,"

"Aphrodite, do you have any idea about the danger you had put me into?" Inanna gritted but there was not a single fibre of tension or anxiety in the said goddess's face. In fact, she looked six centuries younger.

"I might have," she replied with a raging smile, "So what?"

"SO WHAT?" Inanna growled before she shoved all those letters she'd gotten from a particular king named Ezekiel into Aphrodite's hands.

"Oh my, oh my. I wonder from whom these letters are. Are you having an affair? If you need some help then you can always let me kn—" Aphrodite stopped when her eyes fell on The Lycan King's seal on the letters.

"Read them," Inanna hissed but Aphrodite needn't be told that because she had already opened a letter and was reading it. As her eyes travelled further down the letter, trouble finally started to show on her face.

"H-he cannot do such thing," Aphrodite tried to assure the pairer but the nervousness could be heard in her own voice.

"You know Ezekiel, Aphrodite," Inanna gritted, "You know that his threats are never empty. He does what he says,"

"No, no. I assure you nothing like this is going to happen?"

"How?"

"Do you think he has enough time to deal with you, with the Drakkons and his brother fighting him for his land at the same time and top of that, Celeste has given him a good dose of heartbreak. He should be feeling miserable as ever,"

"I don't understand... no one but the gods could see the arrows. How did she see them? Normally people break down when they feel miserable. When Ezekiel feels miserable, he goes on another blood bath,"

"Ah, yes... I forgot about that part," Aphrodite muttered under her breath as she read the other letters. Each was more graphic and intimidating than before. It had the goddess' heart racing even more.

"What do we do now?" Inanna demanded, half angry, half panicked. "I don't want to end up like my sister,"

"You wouldn't," Aphrodite assured, "He's doing this because Celeste had left him. If he simply makes her return to him—"

"And shoot more arrows at him? Celeste knows about this now, Aphrodite," Inanna reminded. Aphrodite was finally starting to look more nervous about this case.

"She needs to return to him at any cost. If there's anyone who can contain his rage, it's her,"

"I don't think she'd be going back to him after she found out about the arrows,"

"I don't understand... no one but the gods could see the arrows. How did she see them?"

"I am thinking that as well,"

"Everything was going the right way until she saw those arrows, I swear,"

"I know but now how do we make Celeste go back to him? Her trust is completely broken at this point,"

"We don't have to do anything to make her go back to Ezekiel," Aphrodite spoke, making Inanna cock an eyebrow, "He will make her come to him after all, there's a lot of unfinished business between them,"

"Aphrodite, I think you're forgetting that Celeste had pulled out all the arrows so it's much more likely that Ezekiel had reverted back to his old self,"

"Yes, I know but I think that even without the arrows, he had realised how much he wants her and you know him... if he wants anything, he gets it at any cost. I am sure it's not going to be anything different in the case of Celeste. Heck, I bet he would even go to war with the wolves to get her back... something has happened to the Lycan King and it's more dangerous than love,"

Aphrodite's words dug deep into Inanna's head. The latter knew what the love goddess was talking about.

"Then what should we do?" Inanna asked, feeling a bit lost.

"Just sit back and watch the game,"

_

vote. comment. share. follow me

Read up to chapter 27 on Patreon. The Link is in my bio. 
Also available on Patreon: Mr Night, The Beta's Catch, Made For Him and other exclusive stories 

Read the next chapter on Inkitt for free. The link is in my bio.

Thanks for reading <3