Trouble.

Unedited.

__

"HELLO? YES, THIS is him," Izuku said, his fingers tapping curiously on the kitchen countertop.

"Great, just double checking. It's a pleasure to speak with you, Mr. Midoriya. My name is Shindo Yo, and I'm calling on behalf of Cricket Publishing. Now, as you might've guessed, I'm just checking in with you regarding your work. How's the progress going?"

"Ah." Izuku inhaled deeply. He glanced through the nearby window. "It's going okay. I just need to adjust to the new environment, is all. My brain is very dependent on familiarity. The move has kind of...shaken things up a bit. But um, I've written twelve poems so far."

Shindo's brows creased, though Izuku wasn't privy to that. "I'm hoping the adjustment goes well. Remember we're on a deadline, Mr. Midoriya."

"I understand, but have some faith in me. Writing takes time. I won't rush my process and put out something mediocre," Izuku said firmly, his lips folding into a flat, unamused line.

"But of course, sir! We sought you out exactly because of how amazing your books were. That online success translated into solid sales; we'd never doubt your talent or process." Shindo insisted with what felt like a faux air of politeness. "That's exactly why we expect nothing but greatness. No pressure."

After biting out farewells, Izuku resisted the urge to throw his phone across the kitchen.

He was eternally grateful that he was successful in his writing career. He was honored to be a best-selling author. He was happy his marriage was peaceful and loving. He was elated to know Katsuki was happy, too. He was grateful that the move to America gave them both larger opportunities.

So...why did he feel just a tad bit hallow?

"No pressure, huh?"

____

"I can't wait to tell Deku about this," Katsuki huffed, his bandmates chatting excitedly around him. They were currently exiting their label's headquarters after a board meeting, and currently making strides towards their vehicle.

"This is so exciting! I wish I could be there with you guys," Mina wailed dramatically. Kirishima had taken to video calling her and reporting the good news.

The bubbly, pink haired woman was currently still in Japan, along with Ochako.

"We haven't sorted out the details of which cities we'll be seeing, but we're definitely gonna be in Japan," Jirou reassured. She sighed in thought. "I can't wait to visit. It feels like it's been ages."

A flash went off. Katsuki squinted.

"Collide!"

The group turned around almost simultaneously at the call. Jirou cringed, immediately turning back around. It was paparazzi.

"Let's go guys," she whispered, trying to move away as quickly (yet subtly) as she could. She wasn't fond of the excessive attention.

Katsuki wasn't either. "Yeah, let's get out of here."

Unfortunately for them, Denki had already taken to acknowledging the cameras. "Oh, hey!"

"What's going on guys? Any updates for the fans?" The stranger inquired nosily. Katsuki disliked how friendly paparazzi oftentimes spoke with artists– way too casually, as if they were well acquainted. He found paparazzi strange, in general.

Jirou and Katsuki kept moving. Shinsou was the first to join them. As predicted, the rest of the group sort of followed suit, even if they were somewhat entertaining the strangers.