Chapter 2: New Town, New Problems

Two years had passed since you ran off with Eri.

You and Eri skipped town, changing locations, from Musutafu to Sotenbori.

Over the course of those two years, you've managed to ditch both the police and heroes, even if they are still after you, they had no idea where you are at the moment.

You intended to keep things that way by keeping a low profile.

Your only real worry was the Shie Hassaikai clan, you still had no idea how things turned out for your former family after you made your exit.

Meaning, you had no idea where your former clan is and what could they possibly be planning now.

You did your best not to think about it too much.

Instead, you focused on raising Eri properly and earning some money to get by.

It was no easy task, you've been raised to be a yakuza, meaning you had no experience with normal, everyday jobs people do.

You still managed though, mostly by doing various errands and shaking down the yakuza, gangsters, hooligans or anyone else that tried to attack you.

As of right now...

You got up from the bed, washed up and dressed up early in the morning, in your usual outfit that you donned after leaving Shie Hassaikai clan, which consists of a white suit worn over a orange, chain-patterned dress shirt, along with it, you also wear white leather loafers and a golden watch.

After you dressed up, you made your way over to the kitchen to make a breakfast.

Scrambled eggs with some toasts.

You were never much of a cook, you picked up a few things over the two years when you either went out to a restaurant, or just cooked back at home.

You and Eri live in the rented apartment on Shofukucho street.

As for Eri herself, the said girl is still sleeping.

You decided to let her sleep a little longer, until the breakfast is ready.

Once you made a breakfast for both you and Eri, you walked over to Eri's room to wake up your adopted daughter.

"Eri, it's time to wake up, you're gonna miss school." You told Eri right after you knocked on the door leading to her room.

Eri made a small, cute yawn before she replied. "I'll be ready in a moment."

You chuckled softly and made your way back to the kitchen.

After a short moment of waiting, Eri made her way to the kitchen, now all dressed up and ready for school.

You and Eri ate the breakfast you made while making some small talk.

"This is really good, uncle!" Eri exclaimed happily as she ate.

"I'm glad you like it." You simply replied with a small smile on your face.

"Say, uncle?" Eri spoke up after a short moment.

"Yeah?" You told shortly, prompting Eri to speak her mind.

"Do you mind if we go stroll around town after i'm done with school? Just you and me." Eri asked as she looked up at you with a warm smile on her face.

"Sure. Got any place in specific that you'd like to visit?" You agreed instantly with a small chuckle and still apparent smile on your face and then asked.

"Yeah! how about we hit up a gaming store!" Eri replied quickly with excitement being clear to hear in the tone of her voice.

You chuckled once more before you replied. "Alright then, SEGA arcade it is."