Chapter 6 : Small complications

Elena was offered to go on a mission but decided to stay back with Merlin and Harry "I mean, I kinda wish he'd come back, but not like this" Elena stares at Harry, who was writing and sketching behind the two-way mirror "We can help him by trying to recreate a core memory of his" Ginger suggests looking at Merlin "Hm, that could work, but we don't much about his core memories" Elena gets lost in thought fidgeting with her glasses, trying to think of the things she has done with Harry "Maybe try recreating a training memory" Merlin looks at Elena who looks deep in thought "Is it traumatizing enough?" Elena jokes and Merlin scoffs "Possibly" He quips as Ginger hands him her tablet.

Elena watches with slightly worried eyes as Harry's room fills with water, Harry tries to get help from the people outside but no one hears him, she observes Harry and he starts to panic, the water rising higher and higher. Once he was fully submerged in water, there was a small hope that he would escape by punching his way out, but he didn't. This worries Elena to the extent of trying to stop it "Guys, we don't want to kill him again" She tries to convince the two "Just a little bit more" Ginger keeps her eyes on Harry who starts flailing around in panic "I'm so sorry but I can't risk losing him again" Elena takes the tablet and drains the water in his room, she rushes out to Harry with Merlin trailing behind

She enters and immediately checks Harry for any wounds or bruises "My Gods, are you ok?" She asks him as he catches his breath "What happened?" He turns to Merlin "Harry, you've forgotten who you are. We thought this might jog your memory." Merlin sits down next to Harry "Look, when you were young, you had a choice. To either be a lepidopterist or to join the army. You chose the army. That led to Kingsman. You became a Kingsman agent." Merlin tries to convince Harry about his past "I doubt whether I'd work for anyone who drowns their employees. I want to go home. I want my butterfly collection. I want to see Mother." Elena's eyes soften at Harry "We had no choice Harry, you've forgotten everything you have gone through. You've forgotten what we've gone through" She takes a step and holds Harry's hand, Harry avoids eye contact with Elena and she sighs giving up "Ok, we'll leave you alone, Merlin I have to leave early for a meeting, I'll come back after two days, would you like anything Harry?" Elena asks looking at Harry "Um, no thank you" He declines and Elena nods, faking a smile and leaves the room.

~~~

Elena had gone to Tennessee for a few days for a meeting and had recently come back from the trip. She pulls over into her garage and she leaves her car, another car approaches her home and she stays on guard. She stares into the car trying to see who it was but the driver was revealed to be none other than Tom "Tom?? What are you doing here?" She approaches him "I'm in town for a few days and I saw you roaming around here, I thought you were in England" He says hugging her and she hugs back "Oh, there was a change of plans, anyways, why are you really here?" She backs away after the hug and he lets out a nervous laugh "Well... I just wanted to ask you out, maybe go to dinner with me? You don't have to say yes but a positive response would be greatly appreciated" He blurts out nervously and Elena hears someone through her glasses "You better say yes, Bright" It was Merlin, Gods I wish I took these off as soon as I got here "Oh, um, that was definitely unexpected. I might have to think about it, I'm really sorry" She gives him an apologetic look and Tom lets out a breath "Ok, I'll be going then, take your time" He gives he a tight smile, walking over to his car and leaves "Elena, you idiot"

"What the hell?! I don't want to go out with anyone, especially right now!" She yells out angrily at Merlin as she walks in to her house "What you need is a distraction-" "No what I need is a big bottle of wine and a way to help Harry" She throws her keys aside opening a small fridge filled with Liquor "Elena please" She rolls her eyes "Fine! But I need wine and I'll go to my closet to pick out a dress and then I'll message him" She says sarcastically popping open the bottle of red wine and pouring herself a glass and going to her closet "While you're picking out an outfit Eggsy is back from his mission and has brought a dog that looks like Mr. Pickles, he's not budging" Merlin informs her as she goes through her closet, after a few minutes, something catches her eye. A Black dress with lace puff sleeve, a memory comes to mind immediately

"You know what, fuck it"

She says as she stops walking and Harry does the same "What?-" Before he could finish Elena pulled him into a passionate kiss, sparks flew, the rush, the emotion, everything kept going on at the same time and once they both pulled away Elena realized what she had done "I... I'm so sorry, Gods I'm stupid, I didn't mean to-" Harry interrupts her this time with a short but loving kiss "Elena Bright, you are not stupid for showing how you feel, it's quite brave, ever since I met you four years ago, I saw a brave, passionate and loyal woman, whether you like it or not, I still see you that way, you don't know how long I've been waiting for this very moment, I'm the coward here, I wasn't brave enough to make the first move but you did, and I'm grateful for that"

"Oh. My. God." Elena says bringing out a dress "I have to say, that one's pretty" Merlin comments through her glasses "Shut up, I have an idea of how we can get him back, get his room ready" She grabs the same accessories she wore that night

"Tell him he has a date"