The End Of The World As We Know It

{A/N This is a short story that I wrote for school it's probably just going to be 2 characters long}

20 years ago a solar flare hit earth acting as an EMP. It shut down everything that runs on electricity or power in general. Because of the EMP, all the nuclear weapons and power plants exploded at once wiping out tons of people.

Although that's not all, because the solar flare was very hot and full of radiation, lots of people were killed. The only people who survived were those who were underground, in underground train stations or caves, etc.

As well as killing lots of people both with heat and nuclear explosions, the solar flare also wiped out the ice caps. Due to the ice caps suddenly melting there was an increase of water in the oceans, which in turn created lots of tsunamis and caused worldwide flooding of boiling water. This wasn't good for the people who were in underground places such as train stations or underground caves. They had had to get out of there as fast as possible to survive.

What you must understand is this all happened 20 years ago. Five years after the people of earth recovered from the covid pandemic. The solar flare was the start of multiple catastrophic events that lead to the near extinction of humanity.

There used to be over nine billion people now they are just over 500 million people left. The Earth has only just started to recover from the solar flare scorching it. Humanity has had to learn how to survive off the earth in different ways.

Surviving was hard and no one has had to try harder to survive than Luke Lawson whose parents died when he was five and his little sister was two years old. Luke had to survive and look after his sister from a young age, while having to deal with the loss of his parents, leaving his heart hardened.

Now that you know what happened to earth, let's take a closer look at what some of the earth's last survivors are doing. To be more specific our friend Luke.