1. Stuck In The Past

❝I am still hoping it's you and me in the end.❞

*****

August 25, 2046

"Keehu...!" Shehnaaz opened the door of her house on the ground floor. She owns 3 apartments in this building. The one on the ground floor, 16th floor and 12th floor, their apartment hers and Sidharth's.

25 years! It's been 25 years since she lost him to the highest power but the memories are still very fresh in her mind. Whenever she touches his clothes it feels as if she can smell him, feel him all around her and with each memory there came a heart-wrenching pain, the pain she has locked away from the outside world. The pain only she could feel when she is in her own company and she has given nobody the right to snatch this pain from her.

"Keehu... Bacha..." She called out once again opening the door of the huge laboratory that her niece has made out of this house.

With the screwdrivers in hand, Keehu was working on a gigantic machine too strange for Shehnaaz's eyes. Her brows furrowed whilst she worked on the machine, her round spectacles perched on her nose and her hair though in a bun but still looked like a nest. Shehnaaz shook her head and pursed her lips at her out of this world niece. Who would believe she is Shehbaaz's daughter?

"Keehu, Time Dekha hai?! 11 baj rahe hai! Pure din yaheen rehti hai haalat dekh apni! Abhi tak khana nahi khaya hai kitni baar bola! Phone kar kar ke thak gayi par teko kuch samajh hi nahi aata!" She scolded loudly

"Oh hi, Bua! Main woh aane hi wali thi" Keehu smiled sheepishly taking the plate of food out of Shehnaaz's hand.

"22 ki hai tu. Teri umar ke bache trip par jaate hai, clubbing jaate hai, date par jaate hai aur tu pure din apne iss ghatiya se lab mein baith kar machino se khelti rehti hai!"

"Mere lab ko ghatiya mat bolo!" Keehu whined

"Chupchap Khana kha! Baal dekhe hai apne kitni baar kaha hai tel lagwaya kar" Shehnaaz grimaced whilst touching her dry and frizzy hair.

"Haan kal se karungi pakka." Keehu finished her food and brush her hands on her already dirty and greasy jeans making Shehnaaz groan in exasperation.

"Chalo aapko kuch dikhati hun." Keehu hold her hand and took her towards that huge machine. "Aapko pata hai ye kya hai?"

"Kya hai?" Shehnaaz asked

"My dream. Bua bachpan se jab se woh sci fi books padhti thi, movies dekhti thi mera ek hi sapna tha Time Machine banane ka. 15 saal ki thi tab se try kar rahi hun!" Her eyes hold that spark the same spark Shehnaaz used to have in her eyes when she was of her age.

"Toh ye time machine hai?" Shehnaaz asked

"Pata nahi" Keehu shrugged

"Dur Fittemuh toh dialogue kyu maar rahi thi?" Shehnaaz giggled hitting Keehu's head lightly

"Abey yaar! Test nahi ki abhi maine toh nahi pata chalo sath me karte hai!" She suggested excitedly

"Haye meko kabhi kabhi sach mein yakeen nahi hota tu Baaz ki hi beti hai. Kahi hospital me bache toh nahi badal gaye the?" Shehnaaz laughed at her own joke