three

"we could reach out and grab it..."

"Ah, [m.name] could you run and grab Mitsu's notebook, he forgot it at the room." Isao asked.

The team was in the gym warming up. After that shit show in the morning, they decided it would be best for them to just lay low and act like a put-together team.

[m.name] turned to face their captain, nodded and set out past the gym doors.

He was beginning to doubt where he was at first. Maybe he should've payed attention to where the hallways led to.

Though, [m.name] was lucky as he took a right turn. The classroom was the same as the one they were staying in. He scanned the room for their team's manager's bag. Locating it near the window, [m.name] sped walked to the backpack.

Quickly picking through the stuff at the top of the bag, he grabbed the notebook and made his way to the exit, only to meet the sight of a black shirt and neck of the person wearing it. [m.name] debated whether to look up. Lips pulled into a thin line, he thought, fuck it.

[m.name] looked up to meet hazel cat-like eyes. A small part of his brain feels like he remembers those eyes. Just then, a bell rang in his head.

Right. Kuroo Tetsurou

Kuroo, captain of Nekoma. Very good-looking, tall (not that tall, only taller than [m.name]...), lean and seems quite well built. He is a third year after all. Rooster hair, yes. How could he forget about that very distinctive feature.

"Hey little birdie."

"Kuroo I will deck you if you don't move right now," [m.name] eyed the brunet.

"Ok chill, chill. Haven't seen you in almost a year and that's the first thing you say?" Kuroo teased.

He draped an arm around [m.name]'s shoulders, causing the [hair.colour] male to bump his head against the latter.

"What do you expect me to say? 'Oh Kuroo, almighty lord, how I'm blessed by your presence?'" [m.name] sarcastically said.

Kuroo pulled [m.name] by the shoulder and  started to drag him to the gym. They walked in a steady pace, one not going faster than the other. They weren't that close, only having talked to each other maybe 3-4 times during matches throughout high-school.

The 3rd year played with the collar of [m.name]'s t-shirt. [m.name] would usually smack the hand away and possibly land a nice punch on that person if they did that. But seemingly, he didn't mind when Kuroo did it.

They were in front of the gym doors now, [m.name] was about to be step ahead to open it when voices called out Kuroo's name.

"Oh Kuroo, great timing. Karasuno is arriving, why don't you go out and greet them. I already told Kai to get the team there." The Nekoma coach walked over.

"Sure, I can bring [m.name] right?"

The mentioned male whipped his head to face the side of Kuroo's. [m.name] looked at the taller incredulously, "Wha-"

Nekomata chuckled, "Quite attached already I see. If it's alright with [last.name] here I'm sure it won't be any problem."

With that, [m.name] was again whisked away to the opposite side of the gym hallway.

"Oi! Who said I wanted to go with you rooster-head!" [m.name] toughest at the arm that was around his neck.

Kuroo didn't say anything, but there was a small smile evidenced on his unfortunately, good looking face.

[m.name] didnt say anything much further, letting himself get dragged outside the school.

-
author's note-
AHHHHHH IM SO SORRY FOR SUCH A DELAY. :((( i had test after test and i had so much writing block that i couldn't write for a week. well at least u met kuroo! you'll be meeting karasuno next chapter as it'll be kinda a second part to this.
cya!!