Chapter IV

I tried to remain calm

I tried to remain calm. Mina couldn't have been talking about us, right? Though the thought of Kirishima and I dating sent light butterflies to my stomach, it still confused me. Deciding to ignore it, I brushed the thought away. Focusing back to the notebook in front of me, I frowned.

I only had a few notes jotted down from what Kirishima had asked for. More durable, more stretchy, and better insulated. It was all doable of course, but the question was how.

"Ok, I've got what you want written down, I'll start on it first thing tomorrow! I promise I'll do my best." I said with as much pep as I could muster. My words were met with a giant sharp toothed grin and shining eyes.

"Your so manly Y/n! I really appreciate it! Hang on, lemme give you my number so you can text me when it's done or something like that." He chuckled sheepishly at the end. Mina giggled into her palm, which prompted a swift toss of a chip at her from the red haired boy. I lightly smiled and handed him a blank contact for him to fill out.

As Kirishima handed my phone back, I quickly sent him a message so he could save my number. A simple smiley face and magnet emoji would suffice, and I thought it was cute. I saw a "read" sign under the message and 3 gray dots pop up. With a small ding, the message Kirishima sent popped up. It was a wide smile emoji along with a rock.

I bit down a giggle, and settled for a slight smile towards the male. He smiled back, and then began to speak with his friends. I tuned them out as I continued to think about the suit I needed to make.

It was only when I heard my name that I payed attention again, only to realize Mina was directly asking me a question.

"So Y/n, are you free tomorrow? Cause after school the gang and I were gonna go to the pool and Kir-we wanted to know if you would join us? If not it's totally cool!" She corrected herself midway through with a mischievous smile.

I looked stunned for a second before eagerly nodding. Not even a day in, and I already had plans to meet with possible friends! This was better than I could have hoped for.

"I'll be there, just send me the time and place." I responded. Mina side eyed Kirishima and Bakugo and then smirked.

"Actually, how about Kirishima just walks you there? Since you have his number and all." I pretended to ponder on it for a second before agreeing again.

"Wait Y/n, your dorm isn't set up yet right?" Kaminari cut in, looking at me curiously. I shook my head, and responded.

"I was planning on doing it today, I have all the boxes in the room, why do you ask?" Kaminari smiled and gestured to the table.

"We can help! We don't mind! Besides that way we can get to know each other better!" Everyone nodded in agreement in varying degrees, but the overall decision was yes.

I could hardly contain myself. In just a few hours, my newfound group of friends would be helping me.

———

As I walked into my room, I saw the 5 boxes I had brought, along with a basic bed and desk set that had been delivered and placed at the corner of the room. Peeking at the boxes labels, I pushed them into two categories. 'Important' and 'Clothes/Decor'.

Looking satisfied, I took a pair of scissors out of my school bag and was getting ready to tear the boxes open when a loud knock resonated through the small room. Turning around, I saw the group standing there, smiling at me.

I waved them in with one hand, and five people walked into the semi-bare room. Bakugo sat at the seat at my desk, taking his phone out while Sero flopped down next to him. Mina bounded over to me, hugging me briefly. After a moment of shock I hugged back and said hello to everyone. Still standing in the doorway was Kaminari and Kirishima, looking at the boxes I had.

"So uh, this is it!" I said awkwardly, trying to break the ice. Mina giggled and nodded.

"Okay, where should we start Y/n? But uh don't expect help from Bakugo or Sero, they came along for the ride, the little butts that they are." Mina said that last part with a half joking glare towards the boys in the question. Bakugo just flipped her off and kept playing on his phone.

With a shake of her head, Mina asked "What are we starting with?" And I replied "We can start with clothes, if that's not too much trouble."

Kaminari butted in, "How about me and Mina put your clothes away and you and Kiri put up your decorations and stuff?" Kirishima looked surprised and then nodded eagerly.

"Well, sure, if that's ok with you guys!" I responded. Mina gave a thumbs up and began to open the boxes with Kaminaris help. Kirishima walked over to where I was now opening a big box labeled 'Decor'.

We began unloading things, and placing them around the room, with the occasional remark from Sero or Bakugo if something looked off. Picking up a heaving object, Kirishima grunted lightly, his muscles flexing. The sight was pleasant, and I couldn't help but stare. A light shriek pulled me from my trance.

A grinning Mina was holding up a black halter bathing suit, which had a deep V-cut to just below the belly button, and an open back. I squeaked in surprise and rushed to grab it. Successfully taking it from her, I hid it behind my back and looked at my new friends sheepishly.

"So uh, how much do I have to pay for you guys to pretend you didn't see that?"

———❤️🍓❤️———
MWAHAHAHAHAHA. THIS SHIT GONNA COME UP LATER WHEN I WRITE A HOT TUB SMUT SCENE. anyways. Sorry for taking so long, I've been existing too hard and couldn't catch a break! See y'all next chapter!
XOXO, Bee
———❤️🍓❤️———

 Sorry for taking so long, I've been existing too hard and couldn't catch a break! See y'all next chapter!XOXO, Bee———❤️🍓❤️———