Chapter IV

They had dismantled the camp early in the morning and had started walking again. They had found a small village, so they took a look there and found that there was a stable there. It was better if they bought some horses.

Apollo approached the owner of the stable then said to him "Greetings, sir. I need six horses."

Stable owner "Will you rent them or buy them?"

Apollo took the bag of coins that Friedrich had given him then looked at it. "I will buy them."

Stable owner "Fifty-seven silver coins for the six horses without saddles, and ten more if you want them saddled."

Apollo opened the bag and gave the stable owner sixty-seven silver coins. "There you go."

The stable owner took the coins and told him which horses were his. Later, Apollo went to the inn to inform the group of the acquisition and to give Friedrich the bag of coins.

They departed the village in the afternoon. They rode their horses. Apollo had named his horse 'Helios'.

They eventually halted and set up a camp close to a forest. They then slept and waited for the next day.

The next day, they woke up, disassembled the camp after eating a breakfast, and later resumed the journey. On their way, around noon, they found a castle. A baron, who was irreverent towards the Tsar, ruled the fiefdom.

The group was halted by the baron's guard and was inspected, but nothing was found illegal, so they let them keep their way.

They kept riding their horses towards Naerian, but then they found a small fort controlled by a relative to the unruly baron. Friedrich felt that he should do something for the Tsar, so he told the group his idea.

"It may sound crazy, but I wish to help the serfdom and the Tsar himself by taking over this fort and capture the baron's relative to later force the baron to resign." Friedrich said.

"We are only six against a hundred of soldiers." Charles objected.

"You are right, but we can get the people working in the fields on our side, and maybe we could get some other people too." Roland said to Charles and Friedrich nodded in agreement.

"Well, then. May God bless us." Richard said as he looked up at the sky then back at them.

After settling up the matter they began getting hands to work. They began getting more and more people on their side, and even some men-at-arms joined them.