Chapter Twenty Six

GOD I HATE WRITING FIGHTING SCENES!!!
Anyways..
Isn't Hizashi so pretty? 😭😭
_________

I watched the next fights bored out of my mind, since it was pretty obvious who was going to win each one. Nemuri won her fight against some girl with a quirk that gave her super speed. Being fast didn't matter against Nemuri's Somnambulist. Toshi won his match against a boy from our class, who's name I haven't cared to learn. And now Hizashi and Shota were fighting each other.

"These two best friends from the hero course have been inseparable since their first year, and even fought against each other in their first sports festival! Let's see if anything's changed since then!!"

I watched as Shota's hair raised above his head, indicating that his quirk was active and Hizashi was now unable to talk, let alone use his quirk. Hizashi spent the time running around, jumping out of the way of Shota's scarves and waiting for him to blink.

Hizashi had seen Shota's fighting technique a thousand times before, when they practiced together or when it was just training. Either way, they both knew each other's weaknesses, so it was only a matter of time before-

"YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!"

"Mother of god-!!" I yelled, slapping my hands over my ears and screwing my eyes shut. Apparently Shota had blinked because Hizashi's quirk had damn well nearly made me deaf.

I looked up after a moment to see Hizashi restrained on the ground, a very annoyed looking Shota pinning the wrapped up boy with his foot.

"And it's the same as every year folks! Shota Aizawa wins this match!"

The crowd cheers for Shota as he picks up Hizashi and carries him out of the arena and back up to our classes seats, only unwrapping him when he tosses him into the chair next to mine.

"Hizashi, I know it's your quirk, but please, don't do that near me again." Shota sighs, sitting on the other side of me and squeezing some eye drops into his eyes.

"Surprised you though didn't it! I've only improved since I was a first year!" Hizashi grinned, shooting finger guns at the ravenette with enthusiasm.

"Mm.." Shota rewrapped his scarf around his neck and buried his face into it, leaning back into his chair and shutting his eyes.

"Next up we have Enji Todoroki versus Nemuri Kayama!!"

"OH HELL TO THE NO!!" I yell, standing up from my seat and running over to the railing, watching Nemuri walk out into the arena with a very nervous look on her face. Enji emerges from the other side, a blank but determined expression on his face as he takes his spot on his side of the field.

"She's going to die." Hizashi said, appearing next to me and shaking his head sadly.

"Hey, don't say that! Though she should probably forfeit before she gets seriously injured." Toshinori hums, standing next to me and watching Enji with a look of disapproval.

"You both have little faith in my best friend." I huff, punching them in the arms before calling out to Nemuri,

"You can do it Nem!! Your totally strong and can kick his ass!!"

She looks at me and gives a nervous thumbs up and a smile, which melts into a frown when she looks back at the redhead.

"Enji, because you were an asshole before, I sincerely hope she beats you!" I call down to the hothead, who gives me an annoyed glare.

"Aaand start!!"

Enji rushes at Nemuri with his fists ablaze. She yelps and dodges around him, activating her quirk and slowly filling up the space with sleeping gas.

Enji is either very good at holding his breath, or is just damn determined to not fall asleep because he doesn't falter in his chase for the girl, who grabs her whip from her hip and cracks it at him, to which he dodges.

Nemuri narrowly dodges the flames he shoots at her, the edge of her sports uniform catching on fire. She shrieks and pats at it aggressively, putting out the fire but also leaving herself open to the punch Enji throws at her, sending her flying out of the ring and into a wall.

"Nemuri Kayama is out of bounds! Enji Todoroki wins!!"

Worried for my best friend, I teleport to the infirmary, where she is wheeled in a few moments later, unconscious.

"Is she okay??" I ask our school nurse, recovery girl, who smiles and nods at me.

"She's just fine deary, only knocked out, she'll be right as rain when she wakes up!" She gives Nemuri a kiss on the cheek to remove any injuries she may have before sticking a snickers bar on the table next to her and leaving the room.

"I'll kick his ass for you if I get a chance to Nem." I say, regrettably having to leave the infirmary since I was up next.

Once I got back to the arena, I heard the announcer call my name, along with Toshinori's. We both stepped out onto the field, and I'd be lying if I said I wasn't nervous. We're both pretty evenly matched for strength and speed, though he may be just a little bit better than I am, but I was determined to beat him this time around.

"Hey no hard feelings when you lose right?" Toshinori grinned, striking a pose with his hands on his hips.

"I'm not going to lose, prepare to get your ass handed to you." I huff, getting into a fighting stance.

I needed to beat him to prove that I wasn't second best to neither him nor Enji, that he couldn't just outshine me with his quirk or bright smile. I was just as much of a hero as he was, and I was going to prove that I was strong.

The crowd was nearly silent as we waited for the call, everyone wanting to see this guaranteed exciting match play out.

"Ready? Start!!"

__________
I updated this because SOMEONE tried to bribe me into it.

It worked..

YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE.