Chapter Six: The Order of the Phoenix

Aria was walking by their sides as they made their way over to the main entrance of the estate that would take them back to Newark Castle that next morning. Percy had never really found out how the two places could exist in the same place, but he guessed strong protection and illusion charms. He didn't turn back to say goodbye to the estate that had been his home for the last month, but walked straight through the iron gate before him, Aria closely by his side.

When Dumbledore held out his arm, Percy grabbed it without hesitation. They waited until Aria sat safely on his shoulder and then they were gone.

They reappeared in the shade of two buildings in an alleyway. Silently Percy followed his mentor out of the dark and into the adjacent street. They crossed the empty street without any problems and entered the small park that lay on the other side. It was weird to be back in a city with so many people surrounding him, so many noises and smells blocking his senses. But Percy adapted quickly. Then Dumbledore stopped.

"I don't think it smart to move any closer." He turned around to face Percy. "The headquarters of the Order of the Phoenix is at number twelve, Grimmauld Place, London."

For just a second Percy wondered why the professor was speaking so strange, then a wave of magic hit him in the face and he had to concentrate not to make a grimace. Apparently these words were very important and Percy promised himself to go through book after book until he would find the spell the professor had used. "You should consider how much you are willing to reveal about yourself very carefully, Percy. We are living in dangerous times. Good luck," said the professor with a wink of his eye as if he had said something funny, then turned and strolled away.

Percy looked after him until he turned a corner and was out of sight, only then did he turn himself and started walking again. He followed the direction they had walked in until now and soon reached the end of the small park. It was still a little dark, but he could easily make out the houses in front of him. Typical city terrace houses with each their own door and house number. Percy's eyes searched for Number twelve and found it a little bit to his right, it didn't look any different than the houses surrounding it. Aria, who had swiped to the floor and off his shoulder as soon as they reached the park, was sitting on his side, not at all fazed by the magic.

"Well then, let's go," Percy said more to himself than to her and made his way over to the building, Aria followed him. Percy walked up the few stone steps and found himself confronted with a door with no key hole or letterbox. Just a silver serpent curled to the form of a door knocker. Percy sighed, it was still very early and he would surly wake some people up, but he grabbed the metal and knocked nonetheless. Aria sat down by his side, her bushy tail swinging lightly from one side to the other. Percy stepped back a bit to not be all up in the face with the person that would open the door.

He could hear the movement inside the house, two pair of feet shuffling, murmured voices speaking, then someone was at the door, waited in front of it for just a few seconds before it opened.

The middle aged man was a bit shorter than Percy and had wild red hair. He looked wary at him and then at at his furry partner by his feet. "Yes?" He asked guarded, the door not widely open to shut it close if needed.

"Good morning, my name is Percy Jackson. Dumbledore send me," Percy introduced himself and immediately the light in the man's eyes intensified and a smile tug at his lips.

"Of course, Dumbledore notified us of your arrival. He didn't say it would be so early though," said the man and opened the door fully to let Percy in.

The floor he entered was narrow, barely fitting two adults next to each other. Aria had climbed his body to sit down on her place on his shoulder and was watching everything with scrutiny. The interior was old and dark, but Percy could see the attempts of lightning the place to make it feel like home.