Chapter Eighteen: Rude Witch

Percy spent the night reading the whole Guide to Advanced Transfiguration book. His mind was way to awake as if he could have slept. The headache had slowly retracted and when the sun rose again, Percy found himself quite content with the situation and motivated to try some new spells.

Since he had come to Hogwarts he had hardly done anything for his own education apart from reading and his fingers twitch to grip his wand and try a difficult spell. So when it finally reached a semi sensible time to be out of bed and in the corridors Percy already hurried towards the Great Hall he knew to be still empty.

Following the books instruction he transformed his goblet into the strangest things and when Aria was kind enough to catch him an alive mouse, moved onto that instead.

Percy tried the most difficult and strangest things the book had to offer on the animal, carefully not to hurt it in the process. Now and then he opened his book to reread a few spells and instructions. He was so deeply engulfed in the subject, he didn't notice the Ravenclaw approaching until she was just a few feet away.

When he turned to greet the girl he had briefly met on the train and seen again during the meeting in the wizarding village, he didn't expect her to have strange formed googles sitting on her nose.

"You are exceptionally good at Transfigurations," asserted Luna Lovegood and pointed towards the ticking pocket watch that had once been the small brown mouse.

"Good morning, Luna. How are you?" Percy asked and ignored her compliment.

The girl sat down beside him, one the Slytherin table that is, before answering. "I have not yet decided. You don't have any wrackspurts in your head."

"Is that a good thing?" Percy asked, a kind smile playing on his lips. So what if she wasn't quite sane? He wasn't even human!

Percy liked Luna.

"Oh yes! They are mischievous little creatures that infest your brain and make your thoughts go fuzzy," explained Luna and started waving her hands around dramatically.

Percy chuckled. "Then it's good I don't seem to have any," he stated and smiled at the bright blond girl, her hair almost matching Malfoy's.

"You are very different, Percy. I cannot quite make sense of you," told him the Ravenclaw, her thoughts laying open to him like always. She might talk a lot and not always the most sensible things, but this girl paid more attention that the whole school body combined.

"You are quite special yourself, Luna," Percy replied, trying not to worry about her alertness. Then his smile grew and he declared, "But now you need to let me have a look through these glasses, they just look unimaginable."

"Of course! They are Spectrespecs," the girl explained and handed them over to him. When Percy looked through the glasses, he was taken aback. They distorted everything he saw, giving the table before him a violet hue and his own skin a green one. When he looked to his company besides him he had to laugh at the vision. Luna's hair was great orange and her skin bright blue. Forms and patterns filled his vision and red dots whooshed through the view.

It was what he expected drugs to be like.

"This is fabulous, Luna!"

During Charms Percy could overhear the golden trio talk about Umbridge intercepting Harry's mail. It was hard even for him to follow their conversation since the class was louder than ever, even though they were supposed to learn the Silencio charm. For every students there was an animal sitting on that student's desk waiting to be muted. The horde of different animals in one room made the noise of a bulldozer.