Envy [5]

Mark's POV
----------------------
I woke up and checked the clock, 12:30. I slept for about 6 hours. I stayed up for the 10 hour flight because I wanted to be awake for Aaron. I went to his kitchen. He was asleep still, so I didn't know if I was allowed to take any food. A buzzing sound on the counter caught my attention.

It was Aaron's phone. And trust me, i'm not the type of guy to peep around on someone's phone, but this was a total outrage.

Jess: 'Aaron? Listen. I am so sorry. I only said a break. A day was all I needed. And now I need you. Aaron... Yami...Please...'

I stared at the text from Jess. I felt corrupted, like I couldn't stop myself, but...

I took Aaron's phone and started to text back rapidly.
('A' is now Mark texting as Aaron)

A: 'Don't you dare, Jess. Do you know what you've put me through?'

Something like a jealous rage overcame me and flowed into my fingertips as I typed. My only question was: "Who was I jealous of?" And, "Why was there such a burn in lung area?" Along with the infamous answers: Who cares? And, At least you're releasing it on Jess.

She responded in a way that made my heart twist and left a knot in my throat.

Jess: 'Aaron, please. I'm sorry I hit you, abused you, but... It was just a fit. I'm stupid. It's nothing. It's just, something was bothering me. But it's gone now. Aaron... I won't hurt you again... And if I do, just get rid of me. Forever.'

Jess was abusing Aaron? How could she? Why did he stay with her? I'd never let Aaron take her back. Not after this.

A: 'Just leave me alone, or forever hold your peace.'

I shut off his phone.
I wanted to get that off of my chest for so long, and now I finally have.

...

As Aaron.