Chapter 17

"Y/n, wake up. It's almost time to go." Loki whispered in my ear.

I groaned and tucked my face further into his neck, not fully conscious and unaware of my actions.

Loki chuckled to himself and gently shook me awake.

"I'm guessing you don't want to get food and go home?" Loki spoke.

My eyes fluttered open and met Loki's. He gave me a soft smile before wiggling out from under me and going into the bathroom.

I got up and threw on a pair of black jeans and a light blue tank top with matching shoes.

The bathroom door opened and Loki stepped out in a black t-shirt and black jeans. He walked over to the bed and finished stuffing his things in his bag as I walked into the bathroom to finish getting ready.

I came out a few minutes later and grabbed my bag before walking out of the hotel room with Loki, meeting Thor and Nat in the hall.

We walked down to the front desk and handed the receptionist the keys. Today she was a lot more friendly. I'm still going to tell Tony to fire her.

Our car pulled around and we placed our bags in the trunk before getting in.

It wasn't a terribly long drive to the airport so I didn't bother trying to sleep. The flight back was around eight hours so I would have plenty of time to rest then.

The driver pulled up to the airport and helped us get our bags from the trunk before getting back into the car and driving off.

We weaved our way through the crowds of people in the airport and made our way to where our plane was boarding.

You showed the attendant our tickets and walked onto the plane, going to the first class section and sitting down after putting our carry-on bags away.

I sat down next to Loki and laid my head on his shoulder, slowly drifting asleep shortly after the plane took off.

...

My eyes fluttered open and I yawned. I tried to sit up a little and move my head, however there was something weighing it down.

I looked up and found Loki, asleep, with his head resting on top of mine. I smiled and shut my eyes again, falling back asleep.

...

The plane landed and shook me awake. I jolted my head upright and looked around, trying to remember where I was.

Loki placed a hand on my shoulder and I looked to him.

"You okay?" He asked.

I nodded and rubbed my eyes before standing up and grabbing my bag from the over head compartment. Loki, Nat, and Thor did the same.

The flight attendant announced that it was safe to exit the plane. We made our way towards the exit and got off the plane.

We pushed our way through more crowds and avoided all the screaming fans of Nat and Thor and nonfans of Loki. I hate mortals. Well, there are a few exceptions. Those exceptions being the team and that's about it.

We exited the airport and found Happy waiting for us by the exit. He grabbed our bags after greeting us and placed them in the trunk while we got in the car. He got in shortly after and drove off.

The ride back to the tower wasn't extremely long, only about twenty minutes.

Happy pulled up to the tower and we got out of the car, grabbing our bags before making our way in.

I threw my backpack over my shoulder and grabbed my small duffel bag. I waited for Loki to grab his things and walked inside with him.

We greeted the receptionists before hopping into the elevator, going up to the Avengers floor.

"Welcome back, Miss Alderdottir, Miss Romanoff, Mr. Laufeyson, and Mr. Odinson." Jarvis welcomed as the elevator doors closed.

"Hi Jarvis." I spoke. Loki looked to me. "What?" I asked.

"Nothing." He stated and showed a small smirk.

I rolled my eyes as the elevator dinged and the doors opened.

I practically ran out of the elevator, dropping my bags in the process, and diving onto the soft couch.

Clint was sitting on the other end of the couch. "What, no hello?" He said, trying trying sound offended.

I lifted my head up and stuck my tongue out at him. "Hi, Robin Hood."

"You are spending way too much time with Stark." He stated.

"So I've been told."

"How was the mission? I thought you weren't supposed to be back for another day or two."

"Everything went to complete shit." I responded.

"What happened?" Clint asked.

"That mother fucker killed himself with cyanide before we got any information out of him." Nat answered for me.

"Damn it." Clint muttered.

"I'll be back in a minute." I informed and walked back into the elevator, grabbing my bags on the way.

The elevator stopped on my floor and I stepped out, dragging my bags behind me as I walked into my room.

I tossed my bags down on my bed and quickly unpacked them, throwing the dirty laundry in the hamper in my bathroom and the clean, unused clothes back where they belong.

"Jarvis?" I called.

"Yes, Miss Alderdottir?" The AI responded.

"Where's Tony?"

"Mr. Stark is currently in his lab with Dr. Banner."

I thanked the invisible robot man and walked out of my room.

I got back into the elevator and went back down to the previous floor I was on. Loki was no where to be seen, probably in his room, Thor was at the kitchen island eating pop tarts, and Nat and Clint were sittinf on the couches, conversating about something.

I walked into the kitchen and took one of Thor's pop tarts before heading off to find Tony.

I stuffed the pop tart in my mouth as I walked down the hallway and up the steps to Tony's lab.

I knocked on the door softly. There was no answer so I walked in.

My eyes widened at the sight in front of me. Bruce was sitting on the counter I the lab and Tony was standing in front of them, their faces smushed together.

"Holy shit!" I exclaimed, scaring the two men away from each other and facing me.

"Uhh...I...it's not what it looks like." Bruce defended.

"Yes it is Bruce." Tony blurted.

A smile grew across my face. "I'll uhh leave you to alone." I stated and walked out of the lab, closing the door behind me.