Flunking Student

"You're failing, Y/n..."

A counselor says to a boy who was nearly out of his mind and ready to take a long nap. The boy tilts his head to his superior, "I'm... failing?"

All the adult did was sigh and starts typing on his computer, minutes passed with the constant taps and clicks on his keyboard and mouse until he turns his monitor around and present the boy his grades that was below the required grade for a D.

Y/n, the failing student studied the grade sheet in front of him. He lets out a sigh of frustration, he didn't even thought about his grades at all for the past few months. "Wow..." he mumbles, the number of neglected work and homework that was shown in front of him was maculated greatly.

"So... If I were you, you better start turning in some work because it's possible for you to get at least a solid B minus but that's if you get a hundred on all of the upcoming work and homework coming up this semester..."

"Yes, sir..." Y/n nods before the meeting between him and his counselor comes to an end in a short matter of time, Y/n leaves and heads on out of the school and towards a populated city in Japan.

He lets out a small huff of breath, he starts to grab his hoodie from his bag and pulls it on. He then homes in on a music studio that was near and walked in, finding a team of musicians and producers inside as they all waved to him. "How's school, man?"

One of them, his manager who was also the leader of the team in the studio smiled as Y/n lets out a sigh once more. "Great... I'm failing my classes..."

"And that is a bad thing and why?"

"I just want a diploma... I want to have a secured future for me in case this career I'm having doesn't go great in awhile..." Y/n answers with a shrug, setting his bag near the couch and marched towards the computer where a large board of sound tuners and buttons were flashing in front of the team.

Y/n listens in on some of the instrumentals that was laid in front of him, many great ones, some were okay. Then Y/n takes a peek at his notebook that he had brought with him, finding some of the lyrics he had completed and tried to match them to the beats in front of him.

None does as one of his teammates tapped him on the shoulder and gave him a piece he could use. "Try this..." he says while giving a thumbs up.

Already he finds some of the meaning in the lyrics didn't truly match with his life story but his fans never minded the deeper meaning. Rather, his delicate and strong voice was all that many cared about as he sees the lyrics lined up neatly with the instruments.

He nods to his team and heads into the recording room where he would practice trying to match the lyrics into the song like he had done before.

Eventually, thirty minutes passes by as he finally nails the song down and felt the song slowly turn into a masterpiece.

Acquainted - The Weeknd

Verse 1
Baby you're no good
'Cause they warned me 'bout your type girl
I've been ducking left and right

Baby you're no good
Think I fell for you, I fell for you, I fell for you

Pre-Chorus
You got me puttin' time in, time in
Nobody got me feeling this way
You probably think I'm lying, lying
I'm used to bitches comin' right 'way

Chorus
You got me touchin' on your body
To say that we're in love is dangerous
But girl I'm so glad we're acquainted, oh

I'll get you touchin' on your body
I know I'd rather be complacent
But girl I'm so glad we're acquainted
We're acquainted

Verse 2
Baby you're no good
All my niggas think I'm crazy
'Cause I'm thinkin' 'bout us lately

But really if I could
I'd forget about you, 'get about you, 'get about you

Pre-Chorus
You got me puttin' time in, time in
Nobody got me feeling this way
You probably think I'm lying, lying
I'm used to bitches comin' right 'way

Chorus
You got me touchin' on your body
To say that we're in love is dangerous
But girl I'm so glad we're acquainted, oh

I got you touchin' on your body
I know I'd rather be complacent
But girl I'm so glad we're acquainted
We're acquainted

Bridge
Mama caught me cryin', cryin', cryin', cryin'
'Cause I won't find somebody that's real, yeah (she wants somebody that's real)
'Cause every time I try to, try to, try to run
The fast life keeps gaining on me, shit (the fast life keeps gaining on me)

But ever since I met you (ever since I met you)
I couldn't believe what you did
So comfort me babe (comfort me babe)
Ain't no rush from me babe, ooh (ain't no rush from me babe)

Chorus
I keep on touchin' on your body
To say that we're in love is dangerous
But girl I'm so glad we're acquainted, oh

I got you touchin' on your body (touchin' on your body)
I know I'd rather be complacent (oh-oh)
But girl I'm so glad we're acquainted (girl, I'm so glad we're acquainted)
We're acquainted

Outro
I'm not trying to talk at all
'Cause I'm tryna trying to love you crazy
Put some more inside your cup
And drink 'til you numb the pain

I got you touchin' on your body
These girls keep touchin' on their body
They got accustomed to the life we live
These girls want it, the nineties are dangerous

I got 'em thinkin' that they want me
Although they know they not the only
I got 'em wanting to embrace their sins
These girls want it, the nineties are dangerous

"That was sick, man!" He could faintly hear his team exclaim from the other side of the thick glass. He sees his team high fiving each other, while cheering and yelling.

Y/n could only chuckle at their reactions, this was a regular routine of their's whenever they hear a banger or a potentially dangerous song that might destroy the top charts. But he didn't mind at all, he walked back into the producing room where the team was slowly dying down their praises and start to enhance and fix the songs a bit more, sitting down on the couch in the room and was met with his manager.

"Great job, Y/n... Ya wanna get some ice cream or a dessert to celebrate?"

Y/n smiles at the request his best friend for two years had made but remembers the talk that he had with his counselor.

The grin soon fades away and the young star shakes his head. "I'd love to... But I have to catch up on some work that I need to finish for school..."

"Huh? Are you sure?"

The boy pulls out a few papers of homework and a pencil, starting to write neatly stack them in a pile and started writing. "I'm sure... Maybe when I raise my grade higher, then we could grab a meal with the team together..." he smiles to his manager before focusing back on his work.

His manager shrugs and walked away, Y/n was super focused on the work he had in front of him while struggling to write his answers on the papers in his hand.

Pat...

A small table was placed in front of the musician, he glanced up and finds his manager pulling out a drink for him and smiles. "At least use a table to do your work... and if you need some snacks or a drink, I'll grab some from the Eight-Eleven across the street..."

Y/n was a bit shocked but nods nonetheless. "I will... Thanks, Ahmad..."

"Anytime, Y/n..."