Chapter One

Hanamichi is at the locker room, wearing his practice team uniform as he checks on his number of shoes.

" What the heck are you looking at your locker?" Kaede Rukawa asked.

" Just checking on my basketball shoes." Hanamichi Sakuragi said. " Just to make sure that these shoes that I've collected are not old, rusty and broken."

" This is your first day of the practice since you've joined the team five days ago." Yasuharu Yasuda said.

Kaede left the locker room for the gym.

" I have dreamed last night that Shohoku High will be Kanagawa's new champion in Regionals Tournament." Hanamichi Sakuragi said.

" Is that your picture of your time with Junior High School?" Satoru Kakuta asked as he pointed Hanamichi to the picture frame.

" Oh that." Hanamichi Sakuragi said. " It brings a lot of memories during my playing days at that time."

" You and Kaede were one of our team's tall players, the other one is our captain Takenori Akagi." Tetsushi Shiozaki said.

" Maybe one day, I can be the next captain once I turned 3rd year." Hanamichi Sakuragi said. " I planned to lead this team to National Championship and to become Japan's number one high school team."

" We still got a long way to go before we reached the Inter High Championship." Kimenobu Kogure said. " But first we need to win the Playoffs first."

" Did I forgot to mentioned about the tune-up games?" Hanamichi Sakuragi asked.

" Yes. We have several games to be scheduled." Kimenobu Kogure said. " Stop asking too much question Hanamichi."

Later, Hanamichi and the other players were already at the gym and started their practice and it was Hanamichi's first day of practice as Haruko and her friends saw it.

" Good luck Hanamichi!" Haruko said.

" Haruko....." Hanamichi Sakuragi said.

BOINK!!!

" Just concentrate the practice you idiot!" Takenori Akagi said.