I Hate You -- JJ Maybank

Summary - JJ and the Reader have a rocky relationship and that all changes when someone gets very hurt. Enemies to Lovers vibes ;)

Word Count - 2.5k

---------------------

"If we do get out of here, with a bunch of money, I'm getting a new board. And I'm gonna take a surf trip, the worlds callin'. I don't know, name a place." Sweat dripped down my forehead, making my face scrunch at the feeling. How could JJ be talking about the money when we were practically being baked in here.

"Spain." Kie said, humoring him.

"Okay Spain yeah, then after Spain South America or South Africa." He went on naming places.

"You know what I would do with my money?" I said, cutting into their conversation. JJ looked at me with an unamused look.

"What?" He asked plainly.

"I would pay you to never speak again." I smiled, making Kiara roll her eyes.

"Can you guys not get along for one day?" She asked, fanning herself with her hand.

"If you want I can never speak to you again, in fact, I would prefer it!" He said, ignoring his friend's question.

"Wouldn't that be the day? When you shut your damn mouth." I sighed, imagining a world where JJ Maybank shut the hell up. "Now *that* would be the beginning of a Utopia." Just then we heard a bang on the vent. Kie got up and removed it, Popes face showing in the open box. He climbed in, John B right behind him.

Kie began putting the vent back on, being stopped by John B.

"Wait, don't, there's one more." A woman climbed in after him, making Kiara freak out. He stood, explaining to her why she was okay and was going to help. He then turned to the rest of us as Kie plugged up the vent again. "Is everyone okay?"

"Yeah, it's just baking in here." I said, retying my hair up.

"That's the only correct thing that's ever come out of Y/ns mouth." JJ remarked, throwing me a look. "I'm sweating like a whore in church." He continued.

We all sat as Cleo scolded us for not bringing weapons to hijack an entire ship. And she was right, we were *severely* unprepared. I came because Sarah was a close friend of mine and John B agreed to let me help. Though I was not very enthused that Maybank was here. He always knew how to push my buttons.

"There's 5 of us and 15 free members. 3 to 1 is as good as we are going to get." Pope explained.

"That's not the only problem, Ward is alive, and he's on the ship." My face dropped, tuning out the rest of the conversation. I can't imagine how Sarah is feeling right now. She may have been able to hide it from the Pogues, but she had a really hard time after Ward "died". She was distraught, no matter how much he put her through he was still her *dad*. I sat in her room for months as she cried and told me it was her fault. In the end though she was relieved, now it was all ripped away from her.

"Alright, let's open these things up!" I heard a voice yell from outside, bringing me from my thoughts. My eyes widened, looking to Kie. She shook her head at me, putting her finger to her lips. Cleo opened the vent and told us to shut up, hopping out.

"This container is clear boys."

"Are you sure?"

"Yep, checked every inch. Nothing but plastic in there." There was silence for a moment. "Come on let's go boys, we've got work to do!" She yelled, hearing retreating footsteps. Soon Cleo was letting Pope out to execute the plan. That left JJ, me, Kie, and John B in the container to wait.