El Principio

It's like the classical "Daddy I fell in love with a cholo" , but this time i fell hard.

The school year was barely starting up. I wasn't too hyped to even be going back to school. I only had 2 years left. I was barely becoming a junior this year.

I had barely gone to register 2 weeks prior to when school was about to start. School was nothing but a waste of time but my jefa thought i should finish school since i only had 2 years left. I didn't really talk to anyone at this school. I didn't think making friends was quite a necessity seeing as I only had 2 years left. I wouldn't even talk to any of these people after I left high school, right?

It was my first day back at Garfield high. All I could think about is going home, school wasn't really my thing. I barely hit my 2rd period when I thought of the idea of just skipping the rest of the day. The clock had barely hit 9:30 when I checked my phone before 3rd. I thought of the way I used to skip back in my freshman year.

I walked across the courtyard and went to the fence where there was no camera. I was approaching the fence when I saw two guys approaching the fence from the other side.

    "Cuidado pendejo", said one of the guys.

    "My bad Ian know the fence was that jacked up g", said the other guy.

They were wearing dickie pants and dickie shirts, one with a blue flannel and one with a locs on. Chucks and cortez on their feet , they look worn out like they've been in some muddy ass places.

    "Hold up",  said the guy with the locs on.

He got the attention of his friend and now they were both looking in my direction.

    "You got a staring problem esa," said the guy with the locs on.

It took me awhile to realize I still hadn't replied to the comment he had just made.

    "I ain't staring" I said quickly.

    "What you doing out here"  said the guy with the flannel on.

    "Ay you better not snitch"  said his homie after him.

After they had successfully hopped over the fence , they got to wiping down their well pressed pants.

    "What's your name?" said the guy with the locs on.

    "Lupe- lupita , but everyone just calls me lupe," I said.

The guy with the blue flannel said, " Im Smokey and this my boy Casper" he said pointing to the guy with the locs on.

I stayed quiet.

    CASPER: "Dónde vas Lupe"

   LUPE: "I was finna skip but yall kinda scared me , I thought yall was Mr.Albert."

    CASPER: "Fuck that bald ass viejo, vato done wrote me up so many times "

   SMOKEY: "Ay wey let's get going "

    LUPE: "Yall coming back to class"

   SMOKEY: "Simon, we missed like 3 periods and went to the homie place to chop it up"

    CASPER: "Foo fuck it lets invite the lady to smoke one "

Looking at me over his locs. Making me get red. He had very slicked back hair and a crazy fine smile.

    SMOKEY: "You down"

Smokey had a buzz cut and had deep dimples.

    LUPE: "Ian much of a smoker "

   SMOKEY: "Mhmm lets bounce than Casper, Hyna too cool to kick it with vatos like us"

Casper stayed quiet and let out a chuckle to the remark Smokey made. Smokey nudged at him and he fully removed his locs and looked me up and down.

    CASPER: "Fine lets go before Mr. Albert comes out here"