Chapter 73

┏━━━━━━━━━━━━┓
Chapter 73
The Invisible Member of L/N
┗━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

Y/N enters the building with all the people looking at her. Some at her, some at her sparkling wedding ring. Y/N clears her throat, as everyone starts to focus on their work. But still, some are staring at her. Y/N pushes the button that takes her to the cardiology level. All the nurses at the counter smirk, some are smiling and whispering to each other. "Wow, the newlywed looks more beautiful day by day." Y/N looks down. "Me?"

"Of course you, Doctor." One of the nurses snorted. "We already expected your groom to be Mr. Haitani," Y/N frowns, as she steps closer to the counter. "You guys really need to focus on your work more." The nurse laughs, smacking Y/N's shoulder playfully, "Congratulations for your wedding!" They are saying in sync. And that makes Y/N chuckle. "Thank you." She bows her head a little before pushing the door of her office open.

"Hhh," Y/N sighs, leaning against the door. She looks up to the table, finding no piles of files. Thank god. The Chief is in his good mood. She expects to find piles of files but instead, just one. A brown file. Odd. Because the hospital files are in either blue or white. Not brown. Then— "What is that?" Y/N steps closer to the desk, placing her handbag on the sofa.

The file has no title, no writing on the front cover. "Maybe they misplaced it here." Y/N stands up, holding the file with one hand. She doesn't want to look inside, maybe it's a privacy matter or other doctors' work but the nurse misplaced it on her desk. As soon as Y/N's about to twist the door knob, something falls from the file, dropping down on the floor. Now her eyebrows furrow even more. "What is this?" She whispers to herself.

Y/N bends down, picking the small square white paper up. She's confused. It's a picture of a girl. She doesn't know who. A girl with her short hair. Messy. Her face is dirty. But, she notices something. Her eyes. They're familiar. She looks deeply again, trying to remember. "Wait." Those eyes. Belong to— Sekiya. Haitani Sekiya. Y/N quickly sits down, looking through the file. The first page, it says, XXX ORPHANAGE at the top part. Then below it says Registration File. Y/N is frowning. She examines it, everything.

Name : Sekiya. Y/N gulps. Where's her last name? Isn't she a Haitani? Why wasn't it written as Haitani Sekiya? Why was she registered in an orphanage? Y/N looks down, reading everything. Date Of Birth : XX / XX / XXXX. Y/N's hand starts to get sweaty. Date Of Entry : XX / XX / XXXX. Now Y/N frowns. The date of birth and date of entry were the same. Like some sort of a riddle. Why and how?

Why is she holding this file? How did the file end up on her desk?  The picture is clearly of a young Sekiya. Y/N flips to the next page, trying to find the person who sent her to the orphanage. She finds it. A paper. Yet, it has been torn. The missing piece must be the name of the person who dealt with Sekiya's registration. But who? Isn't Sekiya the daughter of Mr. Haitani's brother? She flips to the next page again. Finding a birth certificate.

A birth certificate of Sekiya. She checks her name. Her eyes wide. She can't breathe. She feels suffocated. She feels betrayed. Why? How? How did her family name L/N? Y/N lips are trembling. What's happening? She quickly checks the father and the mother's names. Father's Name : L/N F/N. Y/N feels as if she's crying. She wants to scream. She wants someone to hug her so bad. What is this? After all these times, had her father lied to both her and her mother?

Sekiya's mother's name is unknown. Y/N holds the file with her shaking hands. She has another sister. Another invisible family member. Did the Haitani know this? Did Sekiya know this? Did Rindou know this? Did her mother know this? Did they all know this except for her? Why? Y/N feels betrayed. They all told her nothing. As if she isn't important to know this. As if she doesn't have any feelings and isn't part of the family. Y/N clenches her hands into strong fists.