With the moon as my company

A/N: The song linked above, "Drive Home" from Steven Wilson, summarizes the heartache Luka feels. I suggest listening to it while reading this chapter for a better experience!

That moment, his entire inner world started crumbling, but it was to be expected. An excruciating pain rushed throughout his body; poisoning his head, just as much as it did his heart.

Marinette, the girl he adored so much had just rejected him for good; there by the river, after days and weeks of cancelling plans.

Previously that day, he got tired of her hiding the truth; and succumbed to Hawk Moth. He was not feeling much like himself after his akumatization was over.

Luka could not take it anymore. But for the sake of not starting drama, he had to pretend. Pretend that everything was okay.

He acted as if it was all fine and said that he would be there whenever she needed him. He was really good at wearing a mask; In his head, his feelings didn't matter; everyone else's did. He made himself a carpet for her to step on whenever, because that's all he knew.

In reality, deep down he craved one thing more than anything else: To be appreciated; to be loved; to be seen as important for once.

His mother wasn't too affectionate when he was younger, and his father never showed up until now. He had to fish for the truth and had he not been akumatized, he would have never known.

Love, was what he was missing, after three failed relationships and a bunch of non-serious flings. He was tired of people using him, but he was to blame; since he was the one allowing this to happen.

He previously thought, that maybe, just maybe, he was being too needy with Marinette. So he kept giving her chances and forgiving her; hoping. But in that moment, all of that was meaningless.

That night, Luka went back home and experimented with a sad tune, having the moon as his company. He started singing, because that's what he did when he was vulnerable. That side was one he rarely showed to the public.

The crickets were chirping along with the melody and his deep, beautiful voice. He couldn't help but shed some silent tears in the process. That night he mentally swore to himself to never sing again. Music was healing, but singing was coming from a catacomb inside his soul he didn't ever want exposed.

The blue-haired boy laid in bed with his guitar in his embrace. Eventually, he fell asleep and the last silent tear rolled down his face. Little did he know, that he was being watched.

The mysterious person was now in front of his window. He was listening this whole time, but didn't want to interrupt his moment, so he stayed hidden, up until now.

It was Chat Noir, who had come to check up on Luka after his akumatization today. He wanted to make sure he was alright, just like he did with other akumatized victims he cared about; Namely his friends.

As he had stopped by the houseboat, Chat was surprised to find the teen at such state. He had heard something about Marinette and him breaking up, but from Marinette's perspective everything was fine in the end and Luka was okay. As it turned out, things aren't always as they seem on the surface.

Luka wasn't okay. His singing was very beautiful and yet, it expressed an emotion of pain Chat found his broken heart relating to.

Chat could have left to leave the boy in privacy, but the song was mesmerizing and calming.

Besides, listening in was way more interesting than looking around nothingness all night, since he was ordered by Ladybug to be on patrol. The reason being the akumatization of two vulnerable people at once: Luka and Kagami. Chat had already briefly checked on Kagami, despite being the one at fault for her akumatization.