Tamaki x (dying) fem reader

requested by 

(No POV)

Y/n coughed, nearly choking with the effort. Tamaki looked over at his girlfriend, worry etching his gaze. "Are you okay, Y/n?" he breathed the question, too shy to speak loudly in front of her class. she responded with a raspy, yet cheery voice, swallowing back a few drops of blood. Tamaki was still worried, pushing her hair aside to test her temperature with the back of his hand. "You feel hot, we should go to Recovery Girl", his voice was soothing, yet his eyes betrayed his sense of calm. "I'm fine, really! I jus-" she was broken off by another bout of coughing, this time a small amount of blood spattered onto the crook of her arm. Tamaki gasped softly, grabbing her hand. "that's not good, Y/n, please come see Recovery Girl". Y/m let out a sigh, broken again by more coughing, then replied tiredly, her breath wheezing.

"What's wrong, deary?" Recovery Girl's voice was soft and concerned, and her face fell from her usual smile into a intense stare as Tamaki explained what was going on. "Tamaki, I'm fine! I just need some wate-" again, she was taken by a fit of coughs, spitting up more blood onto her arm. Recovery girl shushed her soothingly and hobbled beside her to a bed. the nurse took Y/ns' temperature, her pulse, everything. "Hemoptysis isn't a marvelous sign, but you'll feel better soon, L/n." though her words were sure, her eyes were deep with worry. she turned to Tamaki and asked him to summon Mr. Aizawa. as he turned and ran to get their teacher, Recovery Girl sat next to Y/n in her bed, softly resting her hand on the young girls' arm.

It had been several days since Y/n went to see Recovery Girl, and after only getting worse, even with the nurses' quirk, she was sent to the hospital. now, Tamaki sat next to her bed, grasping her hand as his breath shook. Y/ns' eyes blinked open sleepily, and rested on her boyfriend's tear-stained face. "Tamaki, my love, I'm okay." her voice was shaky, yet sure. the ill girls' partner began crying softly, his voice trembling as the ocean might on a windy day. "Y/n, you- you have lung cancer. you're not okay." Y/n looked into his eyes, bright red rimming the deep purple iris containing so much emotion. "I'm here right now, aren't I?" the humor in her voice was weak, her skin looking as frail as a doll.

three days had passed. the doctor informed Y/n that she had only a few weeks left, less than a month. Tamaki never left her side, and Y/n clung to him like he was all tethering her to our world. now, eight days later, Tamaki lay next to her, one arm around her waist, the other twirling the string on her gown. Y/ns' breathing was shallow, hardly a wheeze. "Tamaki, I love you." the rasp of the ill young hero resonated throughout the room. Tamaki responded with a shaky voice, moving both arms around her waist in a gentle hug.  they drifted off to sleep, everything as normal as could be lately. 

Tamaki woke as the steady beeping of Y/ns' heart monitor sped up. he hit the call button, shaking his girlfriend awake frantically as the nurse came trotting up. the nurse stopped, yelled for the doctor, and shoved Tamaki aside as she began briskly assembling the needed tools. the doctor came running, and as Tamaki held Y/ns' hand desperately, they began working, trying to set her heart steady again.

minute after minute, her vitals declined. both her hands were holding on to Tamaki with every ounce left. he leaned in close to her ear, whispering sweet promises of peace and rest, she stared at him, her eyes filled with fear. "I don't want to die, Tamaki." her voice shook, cracking and wheezing. the doctors stepped back, her heart had nearly stopped. Tamaki whispered more promises to her, holding her hands and stroking her cheek softly. the beeping of her heart monitor slowed, the beeps seconds apart. "I love you, Tamaki Amijiki." Tamaki whispered his love back, kissing her softly as the beeping finally stopped, ending in a ceaseless drone.

the purple-haired boy kneeled there, his grip on her hands firm. his sobs racked the room, shaky and raspy with grief. he crawled up onto the bed, laying next to the body of his lover. "I'll meet you again, my dearest." his voice cracked and hardly came out. Tamaki lay there, gripping Y/ns' hands and sobbing until his voice no longer could be heard, sobbing until his throat stung and his ears rang. a nurse tapped him on the shoulder, stirring him from his pool of grief. "sir, we must transport her body to be stored." her hand rested softly on his shoulder, and he stood, shaking violently, still holding Y/ns' hand. as the nurse walked him out, he stood in the doorway and took one final glance at the woman he loved. "it won't be long, love. wait for me." 

it could've been his grief making him delusional, or the wind, but Tamaki Amijiki could've sworn he heard his love calling him, beckoning him to follow her beyond.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------tell me if I should do a part two-?