Part 32

The short break Pu.Re was initially given was becoming shorter than planned. Instead of the three days, the idols only got one day of rest before having to work again. Luckily the two had spent their day off celebrating Jimin's return, and the headache would remind them of their reckless act the next morning.

The three of them left for the company together, catching the attention of the staff as they entered the building. After Jimin left for the military, the duo never really hung out with anyone and insisted on coming to the company alone. It was only when Jimin removed his mask that people crowded around them, welcoming the cheerful male back. Parting ways with the two idols he headed to the CEO to report, while JK and Nana went straight to the practice room.

"You two are late! The Neo company called and asked you to model for its clothing, so you will have a photo shooting tomorrow morning. Since the next award show is just around the corner you need all the practice you can get, and there is no time for slacking!" The annoying voice of their manager greeted them as soon as they entered the spacious room, not even saying a greeting.

The two were already used to his ways and didn't bother answering, instead they left their bags and started stretching. Sometimes they wondered how or why exactly that man decided to become a manager, when he barely even cared for them. Their stretching and thoughts were interrupted when Jimin grandly opened the doors and loudly announced his return. "I'm back bitches!"

Was his behaviour unprofessional? Yes. Did the manager scowl at the sight of him? You bet. Did Jimin care? Not even the slightest bit. He already had enough on his mind after almost being replaced as Pu.Re's choreographer by him, and he couldn't find it in himself to spare any more flying fucks for the old geezer. He simply ignored his presence and walked up to his two friends, asking for a demonstration of the choreography for the upcoming event.

Jimin was aware of how 'cutesy' the two idols had become, but watching the choreography in front of him almost made him puke rainbows and skittles. Even if he was secretly a sucker for cute and squishy stuff this was just too much, and watching JK with his big toned body try to act cute was sickening. Like come on, guys would turn gay if they saw his thigh muscles or abs, but he was forced to act like a kid? hiding in oversized clothes.

Nana was wearing high heels even for practice, focusing more on acting than actual dance moves. Was he in a pop video shooting? Would Katy Perry jump out any minute looking like a lollipop while shooting whipped cream with her bra? No, scratch that, this was way too innocent for that. But the length of Nana's skirt told him otherwise, despite the protests of their manager of being pRopeRlY DreSseD.

By the time the duo finished showing their award show performing Jimin was silently banging his had on one of the mirror walls. What happened to his friends while her was gone? Did they turn into Benjamin Button and age backwards, becoming teens who are about to sing about chewing gum, first loves and basketball?

"Wow, is it really that bad?"

"Don't tell me you are okay with this? Not even embarrassed of doing this shi-stuff at your age?"

JK just shrugged before telling him how he already got used to it, long passing the phase where he would wish to be burried alive rather than being seen. Jimin sighed before standing up with arms on his hips, thinking deeply about his next moves. "Okay, how many days do we have left? How many background dancers are there?"

"The show is in a week, and the only background dancers are our crew...so 8...why?" Nana looked sceptically at the male, already guessing what he had in mind. "Great! Then let's make a new choreography!"

The devil almost fell off his chair catching Jimin's words, holding himself back from cursing loudly in the presence of the other managers. This was just great, he barely came back and already started causing him problems! He had worked so hard on making the dance appealing, and what now? This guy would make his Nana dance like a street dancer again! But despite his fuming anger all he could do was grip tightly onto the iPad, watching how everyone else seemingly enjoyed the new idea.

Laughter filled the practice room when Mr Bang walked past it, being curious he peeked inside. The floor was filled with dancers sprawled out panting, yet the smile on their faces was unmistakable. He could hear a loud voice calling for them to get up and practice again, earning some groans, but they still complied. He ended up watching the whole performance from outside the little window, wondering just how they managed to make something this good in two days.

Inside the practice room Jimin's sharp gaze followed each member's movement, taking mental notes on things that should be fixed. He didn't expect the dancers to be this enthusiastic when suddenly changing their choreographer, but he was very thankful. They managed to put together a performance that was easy enough to master in this short period of time and would fit the songs too, and everyone was glad.

~

"Why is Nana's hair black!? Where are the hair stylists?! Who allowed them to dye her hair??" The manager's loud voice was heard all the way down the corridor as he threw a fit after seeing one of the idols getting their makeup done. They were getting ready for the appearance at the red carpet in a few hours, and it just so happened that Nana's platinum blonde hair suddenly turned dark?

"What is all this ruckus about? Did something happen to Pu.Re?" Mr Bang's voice said from the doorway, searching for the origin of the whole yelling. Seeing as the manager was frantically looking at his phone and the staff made him think something bad was going on. "The hair stylists dyed her hair without approval and now they can't be found! We don't have enough time until the show to bleach it again!"

Hearing the words 'bleach again' made Nana gag audibly and her stylists also shot judging glares at the man. "I don't see anything wrong, it's looks to me just like how the stylists suggested. They were worried because Nana's hair started being dry and breaking from the constant bleaching, so we decided to give it a break from continuous dying."

"Wait sir, you knew about THIS?" The manager seemed to not believe the words he just heard, gesturing at the now dark haired girl when speaking about 'this' in disgust. "Do I have to repeat myself? And if that's all there is then I'll go back to work. And I don't wish to be distributed for such a nonsense again, understood!?" With that the silhouette of the man disappeared, leaving the rest of the staff and dancers snicker at the fuming manager.

~

Jimin was very proud of the two as he watched their performance, and even more so when they got called up to receive awards. The two were shining on the stage as they delivered their thank you speeches, mentioning their fans, family and the people from the company. He was also surprised to hear his own name, as a close friend and supporter of the two, even getting shown on the screen at that point.

That second of screen time earned a new flood of messages and articles because, Park Jimin was back. And his close relationship to the Pu.Re duo had also been confirmed once again. He actually wanted to make a surprise insta live to announce his discharge, but this proved to be good enough to inform the public.

The performance of that day as well as the news of his return sparked many rumours on the online communities. Many fans believed that it was his influence tha Pu.Re's style resembled their debut days, and people were craving for more of it. These articles didn't fail to reach their CEO either, making him rethink his decision of leaving the decision making to the idols' manager any longer.

............................................................................

Hello everyone,

I have a quick question for you:

Should Pu.Re continue being idols after their contract ends or should they focus more on themselves and build their own families...?