Part 17

Y/N (Nana) POV

The morning was started with some seaweed soup and a lot of hugs from the family wishing me a happy birthday. Mr. Jeon held a little box in his hand and was eagerly waiting for his turn before giving me one of his tight hugs and handing me a birthday present. I could see how teary his eyes got making me also tear up at the sight. Opening the box I saw a beautiful white gold necklace with an amethyst pendant that almost made me shed another set of tears.

The morning was spent with the family and it was a time to rest before leaving for work once more. As the new year's show is starting in the evening and going into the next year many young people can't attend including Jungkook's nephew. Today's main rehearsal will also be a chance for those younger fans to enjoy the concert, as there is a limited number of fans allowed to attend it. We got Jungkook's sister and nephew some tickets so that they would be able to see it live too.

After lunch we were picked up by another manager and were taken to the venue to get ready for the performance. Other artists were also there warming up or greeting the fans that already arrived. The official rehearsal would be starting in a little less than an hour, so we got ready to explore the venue till then. Us being rookies our performance will be earlier in the show, but due to the fact that we'd be doing a collaboration stage too, we have another performance at the very end too. This might be very inconvenient as we'd have to be there from the beginning until the end, but we will get to see the other artists perform live and that's amazing.

~

Performing our two songs was really amazing as we heard the audience sing along too. The little boy in the first row on his mother's shoulders was smiling so brightly that it was hard for both of us to not just go and squish his cheeks right there and then. After the songs we went down from the stage and talked with our fans and the audience while the next performers got ready and did their sound check. Many of our fans congratulated me and wished me a happy birthday, some even gave me small plush animals as presents. JK took a picture of me with our fans and we also took a lot of selcas before saying goodbye and going backstage.

Checking the many comments and tweets sent by our fans took a long time, and the dressing room was really quiet. The peaceful atmosphere was broken once again by loud people barging into the room. This time though, it were more people than the last time. The 97 liners accompanied by a hamster-like looking tiger wannabe noisily came in as if it was their own dressing room. Three of them instantly went to JK who was busy playing games on the phone, while Eisha joined me on the sofa.

"I thought that by leaving our dressing room I could get some quiet time, but that hyung just had to come along too." Sighing he leaned back putting down the book he had in his hand before looking over at what I was doing. "I was thinking of posting one of our pictures too but I was afraid I'd spoil the collaboration stage."

"We can post a picture as many know by now that we're friends, plus we're label mates so it can be an excuse too." Looking back at the noisy quartet that was now seated on the floor playing with Yu-gi-oh cards made me happy for some reason. "You know, I can't imagine how it must be to share the small dressing rooms with 12 other people."

"It's actually not that bad. Since we have to get up early for the schedules we sleep trough half of the time waiting, the other half is spent getting ready and eating. Today all of them are awake as we all got to sleep long, and their energy is at the fullest making it worse than usual." Looking at the noisy card game players a small smile formed on his face, showing his fondness towards his teammates. "After these past gloomy days it's refreshing to have them around. Now that the performance is almost here and we have practiced everyone feels a bit more at ease."

"What is going on here?" Jimin's voice was heard from the doorway as he just arrived, being met with an unusual sight. "Yo, Jimin. I came over to chat with Nana but those three insisted on tagging along, so here we are." Eisha told him while gesturing to the gamers who haven't seen him enter yet. Jimin sighed before putting down his bag and jacket on a chair and joining our conversation. He and Eisha, who has recently been into contemporary dance had talked about dancing and got all of my attention too, as I've been also learning some of it recently.

An hour later we all got called out to perform and the cheering of the crowd once again took me by surprise. It felt like all fans that came were united and cheered for our seniors, which made me happy. To see fans of different groups unite and cheer together instead of them fighting over small things really is rare. The songs our seniors chose were all upbeat and brought a festive atmosphere to the stadium. At the end of the last song we along the other artists joined the stage too and bid our farewell to the crowd. I couldn't stop looking at Jungkook's nephew smiling from ear to ear as confetti kept falling on his head. 

After finally retreating back from the stage the cheers slowly started fading, and we changed out of the stage outfits before a van picked us up and took us to the company. Despite the already long day we still had to practice several more hours, work on some songs and get our stage outfits adjusted. This day slowly came to an end too and the long awaited new year's eve show was just a few hours away. Would it be just as special as imagined?