Out On The City (Part 1)

Your eyes fluttered open and you stared at the ceiling. You sleepily wondered if everything yesterday was a dream. Running into Spamton in the alleyway, finding a tiny version of him smuggled himself in your hoodie... it felt a bit surreal. However, when you sat up, pain shot up your back and you gasped before rubbing your bruised back gingerly. Well, I'm awake NOW, you thought grumpily. You looked over at your desk. 

From how the sun brightened the room through your curtains, you could see the small Spamton still laying there in his makeshift bed. His back was turned to you, but you could see he had a slight bedhead. His miniature glasses were sitting on the desk next to his bed. You smiled a little to yourself. Looks like someone was tired, you thought in amusement, pushing your blankets aside before trying to stretch. Pain shot through your body and you shudder back into a slightly hunched over position. "Right... Can't do that..." you mumbled, making sure to carefully slide off your bed this time.

Shuffling to the kitchen, you turned on the coffee maker and shoved some toast in the toaster. Once the toasted bread popped up, you put them on a plate, buttering them before putting the plate on the table. You were too tired to make something more elaborate. Besides, most days you only needed to feed yourself, so you never bothered to make something fancy. Then you recalled how your bitty Spamton guest had chowed back those chips yesterday and you eyed the pieces of bread uncertainly. Is half a piece of toast going to be enough for the little guy? you wondered. You put in two more pieces of bread into the toaster just to be safe.

He came into the room moments after you had downed most of your coffee. "Morning Spamton... How did you sleep?" you asked him, feeling more awake now but still not used to talking to people first thing.

His pattering feet continued to approach the table and you hunched down a bit where you sat to look at him standing on the floor. "[Better Than Ever]! Your [Tissue Box] bed worked pretty [Go0d]! But..." He held up the marshmallow pillow, which looked like it had been squished to death. "My [Featherless Pillow] has seen [Better Days Ahead]."

You nodded. "Yeah... It was just supposed to be a temporary bed anyways. And I didn't really have anything else to work with." You then looked between him and the toast on the table. "Do you need help getting up here?" you asked him. He nodded. 

You scooped him up in both hands, lifting him up closer to you before relasing him gently onto the tabletop. "Thank [You]!" he chirped as he marched over to the pieces of toast. "Are these [Delectible Treats]-?"

"You can take two. I still haven't ate mine yet," you told him. He took one in his tiny hands, beginning to chew on the edges of it. It was silly looking just how big the toast compared to him, and you realized he might only need one slice after all. "So, here's the plan for today," you began. He perked up, looking at you past his glasses, crumbs all over his face and suit. "Once we're done eating, I was thinking it would be best to head out and look for Spamton- Uh... the real Spamton. I'm thinking it's smartest to start looking early in the day so we'll find him quicker. How does that sound?"

"[Fine And Dandy], I suppose," he replied. "Though I would still [Prefer] [Living Space] here."

You sighed, "I know you do."

~☆~

A/N: Okay, I know this is really short, but I have an explanation. This book I still plan to work on, but I've just had this much of the chapter in waiting for like... almost a month by now. And I've been super busy lately... so until I can get to working on the second part (that'll make the chapter title make a lot more sense, trust me-) I thought ya'll might as well have this in the meantime! [That, aaaaaand Spamton takes a fair amount of energy to write, and I haven't had that energy lately, so that's also why this is taking a long time to update... ehehhh...]

Anyways, hope to post more soon! But for now, I hope you enjoy this much of Chapter 3!