Chapter one

Sans Pov:

A tree

When you're waiting for the world to fill in after a rest, you expect to walk up back where you started, which I my case, should have been my bed, not in a tree.

Blinking a few times, I teleported onto the ground, hearing the snow crunch under my feet.

"Just where exactly am I?" I asked myself, as I looked left to right.

Reaching into my jacket, I pulled out my mask and put it on, before pulling my hoodie over my head, so that only the mask and a few strands of my white hair was visible.

Shoving my hands into my pockets, I started walking, keeping my eyes and senses opened for anything that might try to attack.

As I walked, I came across an old fashioned house.

'Maybe I can ask someone where I am?' I thought to myself as I got closer, only to see some kind of creature on top of a boy who look to be close to my age.

My eyes narrowed as I realized that the creature was trying to bite him. So, without further hesitation, I took one hand out of my pocket and close my right eye, as my left eye flashed yellow before settling on blue. The creature's soul turned blue as I moved my hand in an upward motion before swiping it to the side, causing the creature to be thrown into a tree.

Teleporting to the boy, I stood in front of him, my focus trained on the thing in front of me as it stood back up.

Tanjiro Pov:

Using my hatchet to hold the demon back, I was struggling to think of a plan on how to get it off of me. The demon was strong, and was pushing down hard.

As I was struggling, the demon was suddenly surrounded by a blue glow and froze. A blue heart was floating in front of it.

"Huh?!" The demon exclaimed, before it was suddenly thrown five feet away from me and into a tree. I stared in shock as I sat up, only for someone in strange clothes to appear in front of me.

Scrambling to my feet, I watched as the demon stood up and growled before sniffing the air.

"You don't smell human, but you don't smell like a demon either. However, your blood smell a thousand times better than a marechi. I must devour you, then I'll be the strongest demon around." Said the demon with a grin as it started to laugh.

"Eh, no thanks. Dying sounds like to much work." Said the mysterious female, as a blue mist came from their eye. With a flick of their finger, a large bone shot out of the ground and impaled the demon in chest, going right through it's stomach.

"GAH!" Cried the demon, as it looked at the bone with wide eyes. Suddenly, that little heart appeared in front of it's chest again. I watched with wide eyes as she made a motion with her finger as if telling it to come. The heart shot forward until it was floating in the palm of her hand.

"It was Ice to meet you. Now, say goodbye." She said before closing her fist, causing the heart to crack and slip in two.

The demon screamed in pain, before it started to turn to ash.

'H-how did she do that?! Is she some sort of demon? No, the demon said she didn't smell like one, but she doesn't smell human either. So, what is she?' I thought to myself.

"Yo, you good there kid?" She asked as she shoved her hands into her pockets, snapping me out of my thoughts.

"H-huh, oh yeah! Thank you for saving me and my sister from the demon!" I said, quickly bowing as she looked left and right.

"...Where is your sister? I don't see her." She asked. Making me realize that Nezuko was nowhere to be found and the sun was coming up.

Just as I was about to call out for her, we heard someone clap.