Chapter Three

Tanjiro POV:

Running down a mountain full of traps isn't easy, I'll admit. However, Sans and I continued to endure, even when the traps became more difficult.

When Urokodaki started teaching
me about water breathing, I learned that Sans would be learning a different breathing style, since she wasn't compatible for water breathing.

She later told me that she created her own called winter breathing. She said that it made sense, because where she used to live, it snowed all year long and even while wearing shorts, the cold never once bothered her.

Sans didn't need to learn how to weld a sword as she already knew how to use one, so she focused on learning her breathing forms and her stamina. I also learned that Sans has a tendency to fall asleep at random moments and will sometimes sleep standing up.

She even mentioned that she once fell asleep in the middle of a fight and that if she hadn't woke up when she did, she would have died. Hearing this worried me a lot, especially since she said all of this with a smile on her face as of there was nothing wrong with what she had just said.

Nezuko has been in a coma for a while now and it scared me, though Urokodaki says that she's most likely sleeping to regain energy, since she doesn't eat humans.

Today, Urokodaki says that we have to cut through a huge boulder, which I thought was insane, but we complied anyways. For six months I've been trying to cut through the boulder, since Sans already cut through hers. Within the next six months I was joined by a boy named Sabito and Makomo, two teens with kitsune masks.

It was during my last duel with Sabito that I sliced through his mask, as he smiled at me with such kind and gentle eyes before disappearing to show that I had actually cut through the boulder!

Now here I am right in my journal that I was making for Nezuko as Sans was asleep with her back against the way as she slept next Nezuko.

Smiling at the two, I looked at Sans. Her white hair that had stopped mid back now reached her butt and was pinned in a bun, her mask was off and to the side as a smile decorated her face even in her sleep. Looking at her, I frowned slightly.

'Even though Sans is always telling jokes, making puns and smiling, she always gives off this overwhelming scent of sorrow. She never mentions anything that would hint to her being sad, and if it weren't for my sense of smell, I would have never known......I wish she would trust me enough to tell me about her problems.' I thought as scent of sadness and fear came from Sans large waves before her eyes quickly shot open as she place a hand over where her heart should be.

Getting up, I calmly approached her as my face clearly expressed my worry.

"Are you okay, Sans?" I asked as she looked at me for a second before giving me a large, happy closed eyed smile, that didn't match the scent she was giving off.

"Yeah, I'm fine, Kiddo. Nothing to worry about. Just had a strange dream. I'm going to step out and go for a small walk." She said, before standing up and leaving the room.

Staring at the door, I frowned. I don't know what she's been through, but I promise I'll protect her. No matter what.

Winter Breathing:

First Form: Ice Slash (壱いちノ型かた 氷こおり攻撃こうげき, Ichi no kata: Kōri Kōgeki?) - The swordsman concentrates the sword with ice, swings it, and releases the energy as a flying slash.

Second Form: Snowfall (弐にノ型かた 降雪こうせつ, Ni no kata: Kōsetsu?) - The swordsman jumps high in the air to deliver a single downwards slash to kill the enemy with no pain to give them a peaceful death.

Third Form: Heaven Hail (参さんノ型かた 天国てんごくの雹ひょう, San no kata: Tengoku no Hyō?) - The swordsman jumps high in the air to deliver multiply ranged ice slashes downwards.

Fourth Form: White-out (肆しノ型かた 白しろい霰でる, Shi no kata: Shiroi Deru?) - The swordsman charges towards their opponent to deliver a horizon slash then brings their sword over the hand to then do a vertical slash.

Fifth Form: Snow Blast (伍ごノ型かた 雪ゆき爆ばく破は, Go no kata: Yuki Bakuha?) - The swordsman charges towards their opponent at high speeds to deliver a single thrust.

Sixth Form: Dragon of the Blizzard (陸ろくノ型かた 吹ふ雪ぶきの竜りゅう, Roku no kata: Fubuki no Ryū?) - The swordsman continuous swinging their sword to build power to create a single slash in the shape of a dragon to finish the enemy.

Seventh Form: Winter Solstice (漆しちノ型かた 冬とう至じ, Shichi no kata: Tōji?) - With incredible speed the swordsman walks past and sheaths their sword from top to bottom to cut their enemy.

Eighth Form: Raging Snowstorm (捌はちノ型かた 荒あれ狂くるう吹雪ふぶき, Hachi no kata: Arekurū Fubuki?) - The swordsman backflips into the air to quickly slash the enemy target multiple times.

Ninth Form: Ice Armor (玖くノ型かた 氷こおり鎧よろい, Ku no kata: Kōri Yoroi?) - The swordsman ceases any body movements and engages a skill that can create ice armor around the arms and legs to increase their speed and strength. They do this by focusing the blood in their body and rushes throughs their arms and legs.