Tianna Landfair

I was in my office, taking calls from concerned parents about they're troubled youth sitting in Juvenile Detention Centers and reading over some case files, taking notes, living the life of a busy Criminal Defense Attorney.

"Miss Landfair," someone called out, I walked over to my door and peeped my head into the hallway seeing a co-worker standing at the end of the hall, "Mr. Dixon would like to speak with you." I nodded and pulled my skirt down a little as I walked to Mr. Dixons office. 

I could hear him speaking on the phone as he waved me into his office, mouthing 'shut the door'. His pen moved frantically on his legal pad, humming alot of his responses and nodded. I bit the inside of my lip, as a nervous reaction. A few moments passed before he mumbled goodbyes, then hung up the phone.

He threw a case file in front of me, on the front it held a picture of a brownskin man, probably around my age, 21-22 years, with tattoos on his face, also interesting little divots resting on his forehead, his mouth was slightly opened, and his eyes were low, as if he were off some sort of drug.

"The name's Kentrell Desean Gaulden, also known professionally as YoungBoy Never Broke Again, or simply NBA YoungBoy, multi-platinum artist, a rapper from your home town, Baton Rouge, Louisiana. He got arrested two nights ago at Miller Outdoor Theatre, in the city limits of Houston, where he is being held in custody at Houston Central Jail with the charges of aggravated assault with a deadly weapon, use of a firearm in a public setting and inside of a school zone, as well as the death of 2 citizens attending his rap show. He's claiming self defense. This is not his first huge committed crime, and it probably would not be his last." Mr. Dixon said.

I opened his file and started skimming over past reports and documents, I stumbled across his mugshot, it did look like he had taken some severe blows to the face, he had dried blood in his eyebrows and his lip was cut open.

"Did you see this?" I said, holding it up to him, his response was a wince, as if he felt the pain that was shown on this young mans face.

"Well that right there is enough to convince someone that it was a possible self defense situation and circumstance, but still, the case is yours, if you want it. I know he's a big time celebrity, and with him comes a lot of publicity and drama, so I would understand if you didn't want to deal with the media slandering your name and great reputation, I just think you could make it a win-win situation." Mr. Dixon told me, smiling.

"I'll take it. I'm gonna head out to the holding center so I can speak with him, one on one." I said, and he nodded. His phone started ringing so I took that time to excuse myself and head out to Houston, which was only a twenty minute drive from the office.

Kentrell Gaulden

"I already told y'all what the fuck happened. The crowd came at me. Not the other way around. Fuck outta here. If it ain't my lawyer, I ain't talkin to no more people." I said, mugging this fat, white, midget looking dude. He look like the troll under Dora bridge. The officer let out a heavy sigh before scooting his chair back and leaving out the room.

Several moments later there was a knock at the door, and I groaned as this little lightskin walks in holding a briefcase and a legal pad, along with a file with my name on it. She had a pretty face, and a nice body. She look around my age and everything.

Lemme stop, she prolly just gon say I deserve to be in jail and everything else.

"Hi, Mr. Gaulden, I'm Tianna Landfair, I'm the attorney taking your case." She said, smiling as she sat down, flashing the green bands around her braces. She must bout to get them off the way her teeth look so straight. I nodded my head in response to her greeting. 

"Well, I know you probably know what I'm here for, but I don't want to jump into that right now. We've got plenty of time, how about an ice-breaker. I like to do things with my clients to make them comfortable around me, I'm not here to be the enemy, yet I'm here to help." She said, smiling once again.

Say less, come help out by giving me head, just keep yo teeth back so you don't cut my skin with yo braces.

I bit my lip and nodded at her, agreeing to her "ice-breaker" or whatever she called it. She smiled.

"Not very talkative I see, that's okay, I wouldn't want to talk to anyone of the law if I was in your shoes either. So how about I just let you ask me anything you'd like, get to know me." She said, as she sat back in her chair, adjusting her tube top.

I sat back also, thinking about something I could ask her. I'll just keep it simple.

"How old you is?"

"21, you?"

"22. Where you from?"

"Baton Rouge, Louisiana." She smiled.

"No cap?" I asked.

"No cap." She said, but it came out more like a confused response.

"Don't seem that way." I said, and she gasped.

"What's that supposed to mean?" She asked, holding her hand to her heart, causing me to chuckle.

"You just don't seem to act like a bitch from my side of town." I responded.

"Okay, first, I'ma have to ask you to refrain the use of the term 'bitch' when referring to women when you are around me, and second off, you've known me a matter of what," she paused to look down at her Apple Watch, "2 minutes, Kentrell, don't judge a book by its cover. Just because I don't act all ghetto and ratched don't mean I can't."

"Ight, Tianna, fairpoint." I said, smiling. She gave me a tight lipped smile in response before taking a sharp, deep breath.

"Okay, let's get into it. You wanna tell me what happened to your face?" 

"Ight so boom," I said, as I started to explain the whole story to her. She nodded every once in a while, to suggest that she was still listening as she began to take side notes on her legal pad, she got some pretty ass hands and hand writing, those white acrylics look good on her.

"So you emptied a six round magazine into a crowd of people, let's use the word, berating you?" She asked me, and I scrunched up my face. The fuck do 'bErAtInG' mean? "Berating, an act of violence." She elaborated, in response I nodded.

"Like I said, I was just sitting there...chilling, when they came up to me, I was just waiting on my niggas and they bit--females." I said, correcting myself from using the 'b' word. She smiled at my effort.

"Nigga, I know you was smoking weed, I saw it on the footage of the venue." She said, causing me to laugh.

"Like I said woman, I was chillin." I said, smiling at her.

She so beautiful, and she gotta sense of humor. She kept on asking me questions about the situation, and past situations, trying to get an understanding of how to deal with my case. She seemed very understanding and calm.

"Well Kentrell, it was nice meeting you, nice talking to you. I have to get back to the office and document all of this, but I will come back," she paused, twisting her lips to the side in thought, "I'm busy tomorrow, I have a court hearing, but I should be here in the morning on Friday. Just hang tight, I will get you out of here." 

"Ight, bet. See you Friday." I said, nodding at her. She picked some lint off me and left out the room.

I shook my head and smiled.