Chapter 11

Moments with Derek in this warm secluded cave are almost magical to Stiles. It's like they are in their own world and anything else out there does not exist. Stiles is aware that what they share together here is so privately intimate, no one but them will ever know about it.

And Derek is just so dear, tirelessly making sure Stiles and their unborn baby are well and happy. Just the fact that the man has gone this far to prepare this perfect den for him, Stiles wants to kiss him forever.

Had Stiles mentioned Derek also managed to buy him curly fries before they got here? Stiles bursts into manly tears when Derek presented him the huge take-away box after Stiles woke up from his nap that first day.

Stiles is never leaving this man.

-----------------------

Stiles spends most of his times in his nest sleeping, saving his drained energy from carrying a werewolf baby that now is getting more active in his womb.

Derek dedicatedly sees to his needs, answering to every Stiles' whim, but his favorite is when Derek simply lies with him in the nest. Stiles loves snuggling with him, pliant to the man's undivided attention. Stiles' belly is now so heavy and swollen to its limit, Derek is unbelievably gentle and careful with him.

There is no day or night spent without protective strong arms around him, keeping him warm. Some nights when the wind gets too cold and Stiles shivers, Derek will hide him beneath layers of thick covers and shift into his giant black wolf form to engulf Stiles in his warm fur.

Stiles loves Derek's kisses too. Derek kisses Stiles like Stiles is the air that he breathes, with those soulful green eyes looking at him, raspy voice whispering sweet names and love before taking Stiles' breath away again.

Sometimes, Derek is playful, pulling him close to tease him with his cheesy one liners, whispering naughty suggestions that burn Stiles' ear, stealing ticklish kisses that make Stiles giggle, speaking so seriously to the baby bump that makes Stiles smile so wide that it hurts his face.

"What should we name you, Pup?" Derek asked adorably, ear pressed on Stiles' bellybutton, protective arms hugging the big bump, thumbs rubbing in soothing motion, "Your papa wants a polish name, what do you think?"

Their son kicks the stubbly cheek from inside the Stiles' womb. Derek's eyebrows frown in confusion. "Is that a yes or a no? Stiles, help me translate."

Stiles chuckles, lovingly runing his fingers through Derek's disheveled hair and gently scratching the scalp, "What I know for sure is that he loves hearing his daddy's voice."

Derek turns to kiss the taut skin around Stiles' bellybutton, and starts humming a lullaby tune softly.

How easily, this man makes Stiles fall in love with him all over again.

"His last name should be Hale," Stiles said.

Derek looks up, checking if he heard wrong, "What..?"

Stiles cups Derek's cheek, soothing the confused frown on his mate's face, "And I want to take your name too, after we're married. My cousins will carry Stilinski name, I just— this pregnancy must mean something, Der, it's like the universe is telling us that they don't want to see the last of the Hales just yet. And I know how much your family means to you, so if you'll have us," Stiles guides Derek's hand to his baby bump, "we want to be part of it, part of you. I mean, if you're okay with it."

Derek gapes in disbelief, "Okay with it? Sweetheart, I'd be honored," Derek kisses him, "I—Stiles, thank you." Emotional tears are in the man's eyes as he presses his lips to Stiles' again in deep gratitude, "My family would have loved you. I wish they could meet the both of you, and see how lucky I am."