Relief.

last chapter recap:

Why would it care? There's no reason for him to care. The whole friend thing is clearly a lie, if anything Jake is just being used for some big plan. He knew this. He knew that Chucky didn't care, that he was just trying to manipulate and fake his way to whatever his ultimate goal is, but the thought of Chucky disliking him still hurt.

"Well that's a load of bullshit."

<>

What?

Jake physically paused, looking up (down?) at the red headed doll. "Nobody gives a shit 'bout what 'ya body looks like. And if you do, well then, you're just a fuckin' idiot. So take off your bender-"

"Binder-" Jake corrected.

"Yeah, right, whateva'. Correct me again and I'll cut 'ya tongue outta your throat, 'ya hear me? Just take it off." Jake scoffed, glaring at Chucky. "It's not that easy!" "Yes it is! Just take the fuckin' thing off, I can cut it off of you if 'ya need-"

Jake shook his head immediately, scooting away from Chucky just in case. "You don't- I'm not taking it off, I just want to go to sleep. Fuck off, Chucky." He debated calling him Charles to see if it would piss him off, but he also didn't feel like getting another black eye so he kept his mouth shut. "Hell no! Take the damned thing off, nobody gives a shit about 'ya tits! You're a man either way and anybody who has the balls to say or even think otherwise gets my fuckin' knife!"

The curly haired boy loudly groaned, throwing his head back and wincing as it hit the bed frame, the movements only making the pressure around his chest tighten. "Take. It. Off." The doll's patience seemed to be growing thin as he pointed the knife accusingly at the younger.

He immediately stumbled back, almost falling off the bed, just to avoid being cut. "Ok- Ok! Christ, I'll take it off!" Jake stumbled over his words but managed to get up, immediately clutching onto his sides. It felt like the world was caving in onto him, as if his chest would just explode and his bones would collapse. He managed to walk his way to the bathroom, the only actually hard part being opening his bedroom door, and immediately flung his shirt off. It was a fairly loose shirt, it barely clung to his skin even when he was drenched in sweat and grime.

The hard part was the binder. It was a pain in the ass to get on, and even more of a bitch to get off. Everytime he put it on it seemed to attach itself to his skin, besides of course in the middle bottom part where it stuck out due to cleavage. It made sense that it'd be hard to take on and off, however it shouldn't get to the point where he felt like he was dislocating his shoulder everytime he took it off.

Jake tugged and ripped and grasped at the bands on top but matter how hard he pulled it wouldn't come off. And when he finally managed to get one arm out, the other seemed to get stuck- which made it actually tighten this time, causing more pain. The mere second it finally got over his head and was off of his body he could feel his lungs working again, managing to let out that yawn that was being held in all day.

However now that it was off the pressure holding his nerves together was now no longer there, and holy shit he could feel the aftermath. It hurt even worse than before, like it always did, one of the many reasons he dreaded taking off the article of clothing. He grumbled to himself as he tossed back on his shirt and practically tumbled to his room (ignoring the weird looks from Junior.)

He made sure to close this door this time, slowly allowing himself to crash down onto his bed. The second he was laying down he could physically feel the relief wash over him. The exhaustion hit him all at once, despite the fact he was already tired. He simply didn't acknowledge Chucky staring at him, probably trying to figure out if Jake had truly taken it off or not.

Tiny noises of pain and drowsy-ness left his lips, but besides that it was fairly tiny. He rolled over, now on his side, and closed his eyes. He didn't question how or why a blanket was suddenly pulled over him or what cold plastic thing patted his hair down. "Goodnight, kid." Jake could only mumble out a small 'goonigt' before straight up passing out, the pain and pressure gradually leaving his chest.

Chucky denied all of this the next morning.

<>

this was literally just a one-shot i stretched between 3 chapters because just straight up one-shots on wattpad are kinda rare so i felt like it needed multiple chapters lol. hope you enjoyed reading <3 this is the last chapter lmao