Broken Screen

Haneul has been working on her mixtape for the past seven months. Every second of her free time would be an excuse for her to work on it. She was very secretive about it too. None of the boys had ever gotten a chance to hear even one song despite the amount of prying that they did.

Today, particularly, she had worked extra hard and wanted to take a break. She went downstairs to her room to see if she still has that bit of pizza from yesterday's supper. She didn't dare put it in the kitchen fridge (note- a precaution measure needed to be kept in mind when it comes to food, if you have a Jeon Jungkook living with you). 

Haneul carefully took out a pizza box from beneath her bed, taking in the tempting smell of the leftover food. She could picture herself peacefully eating it in her studio and...

'Annyeonghaseyo jeoneun Bangtan Sonyeondan hwanggeum maknae Jeon Jungkook imnida!!!!!!!!'

Haneul jumped. Behind her was a human bunny grinning from ear to ear. 'Great. Now I have to think of another place to hide food. Beautiful.' She thought. 

'What are you eating?' He asked. 'Well, its none of your business.' And with this sassy retort, she went back to her studio. The boy frowned and followed. 

Haneul who thought that she got rid of the bunny, sat on her chair and opened the box of pizza. It looked a little bit deformed but that didn't matter to Haneul. Neither did it matter to the boy who had three cups of banana milk but was still quite hungry. He very casually dropped on a chair beside Haneul and looked at her with his doe-like eyes. Normally, it would be enough to melt anyone's heart, yet alone Haneul, but today- It was a matter of Pizza, however deformed or wonky looking. 

'Haneul I want to eat.'

'Eat something else then.'

'No. I want to eat that pizza.'

'You're not getting it.'

'But I WANT it.'

'Keep wanting.'

Jungkook took a stick that was laying in her studio and jokingly pointed it on the computer screen. 'If you don't give it to me then I'll break your computer.' 'Well break it then.' Haneul replied sarcastically, knowing very well that he was just playing around. Jungkook laughs and aims the stick at the screen. He meant to just touch it very lightly, but unfortunately it hit the screen harder than he expected. The computer screen shattered and the glasses fell all over the place, cutting Jungkook's hand in the process. Jungkook flinched. 'H-Hani, I didn't mean to do it. I-I was just playing around. I will get you another computer. I promise. Please, forgive me.'

Haneul, who just sat there, devastated, and processing what just happened, glared at Jungkook. She pushed the chair behind and got up. The pizza from her lap fell down. She slowly proceeded towards him. 'JEON JUNGKOOK! DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEA WHAT YOU JUST DID?' I SWEAR I-

'Hani, I told you that I will get another computer for you. I go and get-

Jungkook was cut short by a screaming Haneul. 'YOU THINK I CARE ABOUT THE COMPUTER! YOU THINK I CARE ABOUT A GODDAMN COMPUTER WHEN YOU JUST SHATTERED MY MIXTAPE LIKE THAT? I WORKED ON THAT THING FOR SEVEN MONTHS!  FOR SEVEN MONTHS, I COULDN'T EVEN SLEEP PROPERLY. I COULDN'T EVEN TAKE A DAY OUT FOR MYSELF! AND YOU RUINED IT. YOU RUINED IT ALL! I HATE YOU JEON JUNGKOOK!! I HATE YOU SO MUCH! 

At this point, both- Haneul and Jungkook had tears in their eyes. Jungkook didn't know what to say. Her words had hit him hard. He couldn't look into her eyes.

'I-I am so sorry Haneul. I did'nt mean to-

'GET OUT! GET OUT OF HERE. I DO NOT WANT TO SEE YOU!' With that she pushed him out of her studio and locked the door. She fell to her knees and started to cry hysterically. 

JUNGKOOK'S POINT OF VIEW

Jungkook started to bang the door, begging haneul to come. All he could hear was her crying nonstop and it hurt his heart. He dropped on to his knees and sat down crying, his back against the door. His hand that got cut hurt a lot but it didn't matter to him. All he could think at that moment was Haneul's tear strained face and how she had pushed him out because of what he did. After about half an hour, he fell asleep in that position. 

Haneul had still not come out.

NAMJOON'S POINT OF VIEW

Namjoon had gone out for a long bicycle ride. He wanted to cycle out in the nature forever but he came back to the dorms, owing to the fact that the maknaes were alone at home. And trouble always lingers around them. 

Once he unlocked the he called out to them. 'Hani, Kook! I am back! 

No answer.

He went upstairs, only to see a sleeping Jungkook with a bloody hand outside Haneul's door. He eyes widen with shock. He ran upto him and shook him awake.

'Jungkook! What happened? How did you get hurt? Where's Haneul?'

Jungkook started to cry again. With a lot of hiccupping and blubbering, he told whatever happened between them. 

Namjoon looked at Jungkook, disappointed. He then buried his head into his hands and exasperated. He didn't know what to say to the boy, who was sobbing hysterically. He hugged him and made him stop crying. Very gently he cleaned his hand, while telling him what he did was every immature of him.   

After Jungkook was attended to, he knocked on Haneul's studio door. 'Haneul, open the door. Its me.' he said, as gently but firmly as possible.

After a few seconds, the door opened to show a pale, puffy eyed girl. She looked at Namjoon for a few seconds and launched herself on him. The moment she hugged him, she started to cry. Namjoon motioned for Jungkook to leave for the time being- It was the best thing to do for now. 

_____________________________