✔︎ 01

Cha Eun-Sook's P.o.V

I have been in a relationship with my boyfriend, Sun-Ki for over four years now. I'm happy with him. At least that's what he thinks anyway.. I was happy with him, up until halfway through our fourth year together. Of course I love him, I would never not love him. And I would never cheat on him either. But, lately we've been arguing. A lot.
He's been going off with another girl for quite a long time now, I've been feeling like a third wheel in our relationship.

"Oh please, Eun-Sook! I'm too tired!" Sun-Ki shouted as we argued back and forth.

"I can't be in a relationship we're I'm holding the umbrella for you and another girl! I just can't do that!" I screamed at him. I didn't feel sad, I felt angry. Actually, I was in between the two emotions, angry but sad at the same time.

"Then don't be! I'm only in a relationship with you Eun-Sook! You know that!" He shouted back at me as he grabbed my shoulders.

"Did you ever, ever actually love me!?" I shrieked. Sun-Ki stared at me. He didn't say anything just stared at me. I looked down at the ground, disappointed and upset. I pushed him off me, and turned around walking off, leaving him there.

I stopped when I reached the door. "I'll take your silence as you never loved me." I smiled agonisingly and sheepishly out of embarrassment and sadness. I cant believe I actually loved him.

Noh Sun-ki's P.o.V

"Did you ever, ever actually love me, Sun-ki!?" Eun-Sook shrieked. I could hear her anger in her tone. I looked down at the floor my hands still on her shoulders.

I wanted to say yes. I needed to say yes.

But I just stared at the floor then at her in silence, I was afraid. I stood there in silence. Whilst Eun-Sook just stared down at the floor. I felt her hands press on my chest as she pushed me away from her. I wanted to say, 'Eun-Sook I love you, and I'm sorry, don't go.' But nothing came out. As she began to walk off I let out a quiet sigh and continued to smack my head.

I stopped smacking my head when Eun-Sook stopped at the door and turned around, "I'll take your silence as you never loved me." She looked down at the floor and smiled. "I'll sleep on the sofa tonight and I'll move out tomorrow." She said as she looked me in the eyes. Anxiety held me hostage, stopping me from speaking a word or what I wanted to say, I don't want her to go. I love you.

The front door opened of our shared apartment in Tokyo and Eun-Sook had completely vanished out through the door. Out of my life too.

-

It's been three years since then. Eun-Sook had completely disappeared, I hadn't heard a word from her or about her. All I know is she left the country. I moved back to Korea shortly after the time, every where I went reminded me of her. I should've said something that day. I'm living with my parents. I know right, imagine a twenty five year old man living with his parents.

I lost my apartment because I lost my job back in Japan. So I came here and started a stall for waffles. Most girls only come to see me which is quite cool, I earn quite a lot because of the amount of girls that buy waffles from my stall just to see my face.

Standing at my waffle store, my lady friend came out who owns the store I do my waffle business infront of. "The police are on there way Sun-Ki." She said I handed out the last waffle and closed my stall, covering my ingredients and cooking stuff before, dragging my cart up the road. Gosh, did I hate this part of business. A girlish looking guy with a red motorcycle/scooter stopped infront of me, the guy behind the girlish boy, dressed in a shirt and formal trousers, obviously a salesman, stood up.
"If your interested in getting a job, would you come and make waffles for our cafe?" The salesman asked.

"I don't work under a boss, thanks. I don't work with people either." I grunted as I continued dragging my cart up the road.

"Just remember there's always a space open at Coffee Prince." The girlish boy said as he began driving his scooter again. I sighed as I began to drag my stall up the road only to be caught by the police.

-

"I hate those fucking guys, I would've gotten away now I got my stall confiscated!" I shouted as I sat in my bedroom.
"A job at Coffee Prince.." I muttered as I threw aa plastic ball up in the air and caught it as it fell. My mind wandered to Eun-Sook. I took out my phone and dialed a number, i was paying a guy to find Eun-Sook.
"Is there anything?" I asked as the person on the other end picked up the phone.
"Yes, I found out that Cha Eun-Sook has a child." The man on the other end of the phone sighed, I heard paper turning. He was probably scanning over documents he'd written up about Eun-Sook.
"A child?" I asked making sure he was being correct.
"Yeah, a three year old little girl."
Three years old.. We broke up three years ago.
Did she cheat? No, Eun-Sook isn't that type of person. She loved me. And I loved her. She wouldn't have cheated, plus when would she have cheated we were always together.
That means... The child is mine?
Right? It does mean that, right?

Cha Eun-Sook's P.o.V

"Cmon sweetheart, it's time for bed you have school tomorrow." I smiled as I picked up my three year-old daughter and put her into bed.
"Eommaaa? Why do I not have a appa, all the kids make fun of me?" My daughter pouted sadly. I frowned hearing people make fun of her. "You have a dad, of course you do. It's just me and dad didn't... love eachother enough to stay together." I sighed.
"Can I meet appa soon?" My daughter Sun-Hi asked. I smiled as I pinched her cheeks lightly.
"That's enough questions for today. Go to bed. Uncle Ji-Hoon is coming over tomorrow." I smiled as Sun-Hi's face lit up hearing Ji-Hoon's name.

Ji-Hoon is my best friend. We aren't siblings or anything, but he's the closest thing that Sun-Hi has to a dad.

I took out my phone and dialed Ji-Hoon's number.

"Hey."
"Hey Ji-Hoon." I said as I smiled at my phone.
"You okay? How are you and Sun-Hi?" He asked, he'd always had a soft spot for Sun-Hi, he treated her as a daughter. No we arent dating we're Bestfriends but he's always been here for me.
"Yeah we're doing good, Sun-Hi's in bed right now, I just put her to bed."
"Oh can I speak to her before she goes to bed?"
"Of course you can." I walked over to Sun-Hi and gave her my phone. As I sat on the end of Sun-Hi's bed.
"Sun-Hi! You better not be giving Eomma a hard time. Okay? You better be doing what she says."
"I am Uncle Ji-Hoon!" She giggled.
"Uncle Ji-Hoon?" She asked.
"Yes lovely?"
"Do you have a crush on eomma?" My eyes widened hearing that.
"You're cheeky aren't you Sun-Hi! But of course I like Eun-Sook." He said but I couldn't hear the last bit since he must've said it quietly.
"I'll pick you up tomorrow, okay? And I'll take you to school. I promise."
"Okay!"
"Goodnight lovely, sleep well. Can you pass me back to eomma now?"
"Mhm." Sun-Hi hummed in response passing me the phone. I kiss Sun-Hi's forehead and brought the covers up to her head. "Sleep well baby." I whispered as I walked out the room.

-

We'd been on the phone for hours now.
"Oh, do you wanna meet tomorrow? After we drop Sun-Hi into school?"
"Yeah, sure!"
"Oh, right I got a new job too."
"Oh thats great, where too?"
"At this cafe called Coffee Prince. There renovating it tomorrow and then its opening shortly after, you should come with Sun-Hi."
"I will I promise." I smiled at my phone.
"Goodnight Eun-Sook, I hope you sleep well."
"Night Ji-Hoon, sleep well." I said before hanging up.