I

ₚᵣₒₗₒgᵤₑ

"Akane, darling. i'm off to work. do enjoy your day and eat the breakfast that I've prepared"

it's him again. 

his words greets your ears every morning, though it was sent not for you.

the kiss he planted on your temple felt so disgusting.

the care with the way he caresses your face made you almost gag but you hold it in. not wanting to open your lids and meet his face. 

Hajime Kokonoi, Bonten's executive, your husband.

and Akane's lover.

your form was pried under him as he hovers above, adoring your sleeping form before he leaves for work. you're trembling, crying even, the flesh inside your cheek was now drawing blood at how hard you bit onto it, the vellus hair on your nape was crawling up in sync with his cold breath. God, does it make you shiver.

The shifting of the bed and the closing of the door indicate that he is leaving, while the muffled conversations on the other side and the clicking of his heels on the glass staircase indicate that he is leaving the house. prison.

you waited for a moment before opening your trembling lids and looking around the room. clear. a sigh escaped your lips as you push the gray comforter off of your lower before sitting on the side of the bed. eyes glued at the large picture framed beside the bed, mounted in the walls. a shot taken in your wedding day. the supposed to be day of your life and the day you heard him call her name. the same day everything became clear to you.

"My love, I give you this ring as a symbol of my lifelong love, a pledge to keep and guard the angel God has given me. If you become incapacitated, I'll be the one to fight for you. If you get sick, I'll be the one to look after you. You will be my top priority, and I will be yours. I, Hajime Kokonoi, swore to be your loving spouse, to be there in your life, to be the light in your darkness, the smile on your face, and the knight for your happiness, " your eyes teared at his vow as you watch him wear the silver band in your ring finger, his name imprinted on the side. however, your joyful tears halts when he cupped your cheeks and slowly made you look towards him. blood running still at the following words "even if death do us part, Akane." 

the cheering of the people only added to the twist of your head, the claps somehow sounded like guns being pulled by the trigger as his piercing and sharp obsidian orbs stares at you, like a bullet being drilled in your mind to twist your head and nail you as his --Akane's replacement.

"fuck" you could only curse at the sad memory as you grip both sides of your head. "stupid bitch! stupid! stupid! stupid!" you harshly throw your head aback. "how could you stay with him when he's clearly insane?!"

you love him.

but does he?

The virtually empty halls of your house breathed warmly, and the ventilation was fresh, owing to your ennui, which caused you to start gardening whenever he wasn't around. Every side and narrower bend of the cream walls has cameras and guards, rifles loaded in their waists whilst patrolling, almost like a prison.

your arms leans at the glass railing as you took each and every step, dull eyes adoring the grandness within the house. "if only . . ." you paused as your eyes landed on the large mirror attached to the wall in front of the stairs you walk at.