II

count down to ten.

nine.

eight.

was i not enough?

five.

four.

three.

humans do find pleasure in inflicting pain with the others.

the beeping of the microwave wakes you up in your train of thoughts, the pasta inside heated up in minimal heat. you blink for a couple of times, arms reaching to open the heat resistant door of the equipment. "why did i choose to live with a monster again?"

a week had already gone since the fight, your cheeks still stings, heart broken and in vain, eyes still stained with dried bundles of tears as you lean near the dining stall, contentedly eating your yearning meal. The huge clock on the wall behind the TV screen in the living room reads -2:12AM.

"the choice is yours (Y/N)" 

His words resonated in your ears, the muzzle of his rifle dug hard into your flesh as he stared at you with a malicious smirk on his lips. Your knees shaking against the cold tiled floor, the creamy walls now adorned with shattered furniture, the guards long gone upon his orders, leaving you alone with your monster of a husband.

"Hajime, why --why must we end up like this?" unending tears still waters down through your skin, your words muffled with your cries and hiccups. 

he snorted and stares at you unbelievable, unbothered and unconvinced, "three words, (Y/N). three words" he leans, lips tracing down your jawline, breath against your collar. 

"you're not her"

"what are doing here early in the morning?" you flinched at the sudden coldness against your waist, tickling the fabric of the night gown you wore as Koko wrapped his heavy hands around you, his chin on your shoulders as his eyes lidded half-closed. still sleepy.

"Hajime --"

"hmm? love?" you gulped when he tighten his grip around you.

"Hun, i was just hungry" you stated before turning around to return his gesture, the bowl of your meal now on top of the counter on your side as you wrap your arms around his neck, your face buried in his chest as he towers over you. "what about you? why are you up early?" you added a hum to your act, not wanting to reveal him your fright.

"you weren't beside me when i woke up. i was worried" he reply, inhaling the fragrance of your hair. "you smell like my shampoo . . . you used mine?" he leaned away, eyes scanning your face for some kind of unwanted movements and expression.

"oh? yeah. 'thought it's better to smell like you in case i miss you when you're out" you furrowed your brows for some kind of effect, "is it bad? do you not like it?" you added.

if Akane is what i needed to be in order to live, then so be it.

He chortles and buried your face in his chest by placing a hand behind your nape, eliciting a 'oof' from you at the unexpected contact. "silly Akane, of course not. you can use my things however you like" he placed a kiss on your temple before humming to catch your attention once again.