ONE.

CHAPTER ONE.

SUNLIGHT FILTERED INTO THE ROOM FROM THE WINDOW SITUATED OVER BY HER DESK

SUNLIGHT FILTERED INTO THE ROOM FROM THE WINDOW SITUATED OVER BY HER DESK. It was the only light in the whole room, candlelit flames burned out from the night before, with no artificial light to be seen. Clothes littered the floor, flurries of blue and black and red, comforter from her bed in a messy bundle. The small wooden desk was also a mess; the pencil holder on its side with pencils scattered out both on the desk and on the floor.

She lay in the middle of the mess, eyes closed, hair practically suffocating her but she paid little mind to it. It was far too early in the morning to be getting up. Her alarm had woken her up somewhere between five minutes ago and twenty, and by alarm, she meant the other Ravenclaw students who were already up and dressed, excited for the day in front of them.

It was something she had never been able to understand if she was being honest. Sure, she knew that Ravenclaws were known for craving knowledge, but how could they possibly be happy having to get up so ridiculously early? Don't get her wrong, Estella liked school, she excelled rather exponentially, but it didn't mean she looked forward to leaving the cozy confines of her multiple blankets and stray decorative pillows.

She was lucky in some aspects, considering she never shared a room with anyone. Granted, that wouldn't always be guaranteed, but she wasn't exactly expecting a roommate after her other one dropped out and returned to learning magic at home. Not that she was complaining, at least she didn't have to go through the horrors of not getting in her own room because her roommate had put their tie on the door handle.

A knock sounded at the door, and Estella almost groaned at the interruption. She knew the day awaited, a bright Tuesday morning with her least favorite class first, but she also knew she would have to get up. She just wished the day would wait a little longer, just enough for her to clear her eyes of the dark circles, and allow her eyes to rest for a few more seconds. It wasn't even like she slept often, she just liked her rest in bed.

"Estella! You'll miss breakfast if you don't get up soon!" One of the Ravenclaw's voices was muffled through the heavy, wooden door, but Estella knew exactly what she said. It was the same thing she was told every Tuesday morning when Estella simply refused to get up. She wished the other students would give up on annoying her sometimes, though.

In all honesty, another reason why Estella enjoyed having her own dorm so much was that she could lock the door, and then no one could bother her. Just one sweet, little charm and she'd be left all alone, which she had never been able to do while at home. Not with her mother coming in and dragging her to muggle school when she was barely seven years old.

Peace was a privilege and it was not one that Estella took for granted.

The faint sound of footsteps retreating from her door allowed the girl to sigh, satisfied. However, she knew she was luring herself into a sense of false hope, as she always did, as it was only thirty seconds when a much louder knock hit against the door, "Essie if you don't get your arse out of bed, I'll come in there and drag you out!"