Chapter 4

Krystal Jung

"Concerned citizen?" I scoffed. "Who's he fooling? That narcissistic, egotistical, arrogant jerk." I exclaimed, fuming. "Normally people would pay thousands of dollars just to see my face up close." I mocked him in an overly exaggerated way and snorted."The nerve, he's so full of himself. He's not even that hot."

As I continued my useless rant of wrath, I glanced at the clock on my car, it was already half past 12 midnight.

"Crap." I cursed and accelerated. I couldn't afford my nosy cousin to find out I was gone in the middle of the night with her car.

As I pulled of the driveway, I sneakily hid among the plants and stealthily made my way across the lawn and tried my best to open the front door as quietly as I could.

The whole house was in total darkness, except for the ocean blue coloured light from the man-made decorative fountain found on the far end of the living room, illuminating some parts of the house.

Relieved, I raced up to my room. I opened the door and immediately flopped onto the bed. Just as I was about to fall asleep, my dark room suddenly lit up.

With a flustered expression, I turned my head towards the light switch - only to find my cousin smirking at me.

"Well, well," she smirked smugly, as if catching a criminal red-handed. "What have we got here?"

"None of your business, go away." I said as I turned away from her and buried my face into my pillows.

I heard her feigned a gasp. "Did you just sneak out?"

I swung my head towards her direction and glared. "No." I said sternly.

She feigned an overly exaggerated gasp. "Oh, I'm so sorry. My car must've ran off by itself and somehow found it's way home just a moment ago then."

I groaned and seated myself up. There's no point in lying to her anyway, she'd just persistently pry me.

I told her the whole story and instead of sympathizing with my tough luck, she rather ranted about how lucky I was to be able to see him up close and some other things I didn't get to listen to because I kicked her out of my room by force.

---------------------------------------------

A week have passed unknowingly. A whole peaceful week, no encounters with irresponsible jerks nor encounters with self-proclaimed concerned citizens. I was thankful for that, really.

I've thankfully adapted to the systematic everyday life here.

I was pacing back and forth the airport waiting area, excited to see my mother again. Just then, someone tapped my shoulder. I whipped my head back and met my mother's warm smile that I've dearly missed. "Mom!" I exclaimed and tugged her towards me for a bone-cracking hug.

"You've missed me too much?" She muttered in between chuckles.

"Totally!" I laughed.

She pulled away from me and we walked towards the car. "Hey Krystal, I think I left too much clothes back in America.. want to go shopping?" She beamed.

"You're paying." I grinned back.

----------------------------------

"Hey 'tal, I'm just going to the washroom, okay? After that I'll find a restaurant to eat at. I'll just text you. You go along and look around first." My mom excused herself and I nodded.

I continued to walk around while holding my coffee on the other hand and the other holding my phone. I was going through instagram when I felt like I've walked in onto something or rather.. someone.