14

CHAPTER 14:

"You just want to be released from all that beholds if you find that truth. You didn't have to kill yourself for it, Celestine. Do you have any idea what it did to us?" Elias and myself stood further from the group after four hours of him staring at me even while Credence had continued to keep him at the front of the line, with Creed next to me with that intimidating bloodhound set of eyes on the elemental coward at my other side. The situation couldn't get any more awkward, if it weren't for the anger still emanating from me in waves. They were seated on a rock formation, eating whatever was caught, with Creed's ember eyes watching us like a hawk readying itself.

"I don't quite care what it did to anyone but for me. You did nothing, Elias. Athena saved my life, you are nothing but a coward whom I am trying to find reasons not to kill right now. The only, single, minuscule reason is because you know the location of it." My voice a stark comparison to my abilities. He was still pleasantly surprised by the mere, sheer fact that I could control an element. And not just any, but fire, the kind so highly associated with anger and a potent concoction of rage.

He bites the inside of his mouth, intertwining his fingers before changing course, he reaches for me, I shove his hand off the side of my neck, before a larger, more muscular body steps between us. He pushes Elias a good metre from me, "I gave you clear instructions about how close you get to her, you couldn't even follow those." Creed's darkness paraded, Rakon gave a dragon-ish snigger and I side glance the eyes of the beast.

His are as innocent as a little baby's.

Creed's chest emanated power, "Creed, I need a minute." I tell him.

"To hide more secrets?" He questions, throwing back at me his frustration, spinning to me and making my wonder if he received whiplash from that. His eyes penetrate mine, they aren't cold or warm, just masked like a blank canvas. However, his voice gave him away.

He was sick of what was happening now.

Sick of being in the unknown.

I wanted to tell him to get in line.

Because I have been there, but some stories are left better in the whispers of the wind.

Elias studies us, eyeing the distance Creed sticks too, which is irreversibly close to me, "You didn't even know her real name, boy. You're more unimportant than the human realm." He flicks off the man in front of me, as if he were nothing more than a flimsy, barely qualified mentor. Rakon's deep, guttural growl cracks the ground beneath our boots ever so slightly.

Creed only stares at me, "What is the destination of this journey?" He asks me, straight on.

My eyes skin over the mountain, "Athena, how far are we from the Kingdom of Abernathy?" I call out to her. Thankful for Creed's sudden change.

Elias scoffs, "What is that enriched, dumb season of sun going to do for you, Celestine? We still have a great deal to talk about, especially without this bodyguard of yours. There is still much you need to know." He moves past Creed to me. His description of Creed was off point.

"Athena will pick it from your mind, until then, no one has anything left to say to you." I mutter, wishing I had the villainous streak to end his life, but I had no idea what doing that would do to me.