Mags

Night of Quarter Quell Announcement

I was running. I could vaguely tell my breathing had become heavy and there was a slight stinging sensation in the back of my throat. But it didn't matter. I was almost there.

Two blocks down. Right turn. One block down. Left turn.

I haven't run this fast in nine years. When I was in the arena. Even then I didn't run much, I let the fight come to me. But the boy from 6 was twice my size and when he had come at me, something had told me that "flight" was better than "fight". Rightly so, too, seeing how he died.

Blood.

River.

Crack!

'Not the time Isla.' I thought to myself. 'Shove it down, you're almost there.'

The house was in sight. Thank god, the lights were on. I was approaching the drive now. I didn't know how he was going to take this, but it's not like I could keep it from him.

My hand twisted round the doorknob and I flung my body into the house, stumbling at my sudden lack of motion. I turned, looking for him in the living room, he wasn't there. Kitchen then.

Moving forward with unnatural speed, I found him, standing in the middle of the kitchen, the computer still playing the highlights from President Snow's speech. His face held the same horror mine did not ten minutes ago.

My entrance must have made enough noise, because he lifted his head and turned towards me. He went to reach for my arms, to embrace me. Maybe comfort me. He seemed to be the only one who ever could, but I couldn't let him. We didn't have a lot of time.

"It's Mags." I say, my breathing still heavy. "She- I-I ran to her house when when he said..." I gestured to the computer on the counter, referencing to President Snow. "Well she heard the news and I-I think it was a heart attack. She's awake now, but the healer says it's not long."

Finnick didn't say anything, he just grasped my hand and ran with me, out the door. 

(Hello all!! So, I had published this story previously but decided to take it down and rewrite it to become a Finnick x OC story, as opposed to when I had written Annie in before. I will not be acknowledging Annie in this. I don't hate her but I wanted to ship Fin with my OC. with the resurgence in Hunger Games popularity, I hope you enjoy the story. I mean, it's got Finnick in it, what's not to love?)