Troubles

"Look kid, I am not messing with you. If you don't eat your vegetables, there won't be any tv time for you this weekend!"

You just literally left the dining room to get the cheesecake you made which was chilling in the fridge when you heard Katsuki and Hikaru bickering. Gone were the days when Katsuki would be gentle with your son. Hikaru was quite the blond menace himself, showing his dad the exact same attitude that he had when he was sixteen.

"Make me!" You heard your son threaten his father. Sighing, you opened the fridge door and took out the cheesecake you were saving for today. It isn't everyday that you and Katsuki were home at the same time but you did agree with him to have at least one day a week that Hikaru will have both of his parents around.

Bakugo's mom, Mitsuki, once joked that this may be Katsuki's karma for being such an asshole when he was young. His son ended up just like him, maybe even worse.

You thought you've gone past this period in your life when you graduated, your husband rarely goes in this mood when you are around. Although in certain times whenever he would go on patrols, missions, or interviews, this Katsuki Bakugo would resurface.

You then heard those familiar blasts, the ones that Bakugo makes whenever he goes flying off somewhere, but instead of your large angry husband, your child came zooming towards you. You caught him quickly in your arms and let the cheesecake fall on the ground.

Did Hikaru learn that from your husband, you wondered but you knew the answer. The two spent time learning about their similar quirk, it was something they bonded over.

"Come back here you little-"

Katsuki came into view, his pissed off expression etched on his scarred skin.

You sent your husband a stern look before turning to your son, the exact replica of the man you love, wearing that same damn grin that his father had. "Hikaru." You were the more effective disciplinarian, simply because your child listened to you. Katsuki seemed more like a teenager himself and often resorted to threats when he gets pissed off, Hikaru has long discovered they were bluffs. He was too perceptive, too observant just like his dad. "Vegetables."

Hikaru pouted at you, "Mom." He wrapped his little arms around your neck. Such a mama's boy. "I'm full."

"Tch, you barely touched your food." Katsuki finally calmed down and walked towards the two of you, "Say what, gremlin, I'm going to teach you some more moves in exchange for finishing your meal. Your mom worked hard on that." Mentioning you was his last option and he usually doesn't resort to involving you when he tries to deal with Hikaru but he felt like he needed to.

Their faces both turned to you before Hikaru nodded finally, "Okay." He extended his arms towards Bakugo who took him from you.

It was so astounding how similar they look like. They had the same shade of spiked up hair, similarly sharp eyes, and twin grins. The only thing your son got from you is the color of your eyes and that damn charm - which Bakugo usually cursed at because Hikaru was such a sweet brat.

Together, they went back to the dining room and you heard your son proudly ask his dad, "Did you see me?"

"Yeah. 'twas cool but we don't have that cheesecake now. We're gonna have to clean that shit up, alright?" Katsuki said gruffly before you heard a chair being pulled back.

You groaned when you heard your husband curse, Hikaru always found those words amusing to include in his growing vocabulary.

Well, at least they're both learning how to get along, right?